• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anything good going on?

Robert

So I'm reading the news and everything being reported is bad.

- I see where U.N. wants global taxes, $845 Billion from U.S.
- Hurricane Katrina and the blame game
- War in the Middle East
- Gas Prices
- Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist died
- U.N. Corruption
- Gaza pullout
- Suicide bombers
- Bob Denver died

I have to wonder if there is anything going on that's good? Anything?

Please post good news here...

Kanye West has promised to not say anything political when he sings at the football game (is it tonight?)

That's about all I can come up with. :(

Sun out, beer in hand, watching the last match of the best Cricket series in living memory; or to quote Billy Connelly "Shoes off, flies open, feeling no pain what so ever".

Upcoming NFL Opener! That's good news, especially seeing how the Nat's have been finishing out their first season. :eek:

It is still early enough to hope that the Redskins can have a good year!

The Yankees are 4 games behind Boston! (and as I figure it, they are 3.5 games behind Oakland for the Wild Card!!)

AND, It's lunchtime!

Kenny Shovel said:
Sun out, beer in hand, watching the last match of the best Cricket series in living memory; or to quote Billy Connelly "Shoes off, flies open, feeling no pain what so ever".
Man, I wish I was watching that series - sounds incredibly exciting! Day 1 went well for the aussies! :p

Bob Denver? Is that noteworthy?

Anyway, I though the pullout from Gaza was good news, a step toward peace.

Other good news: my local public radio station is well on the way toward raising half a million dollars for the Red Cross/Katrina victims in a one-day fund drive. They're pulling nearly a thousand bucks a minute so far today, 100% to go to the Red Cross.

Miss Shelf said:
kook, is that your new fall wardrobe?
Yup. I've saved some of the other creations for winter. This is my purple (read into that how you will) penguin for the fall.

Back