• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Appendix

Miss Shelf

Not the kind in books, the one in your body. I had mine removed last weekend and have been recuperating. Do I win the prize for best excuse for not being around?

How many of you have experienced that horrible pain and the operation to remove it?

I still have mine, too. I have heard about how painful it is though and I hope you are feeling much better now and heal quickly :)

Miss SHelf,
Mine is gone.
When the doctor said "Does this hurt?" and I went through the ceiling, it was curtains for my appendix. Hope yours didn't hurt as much and that you are rapidly getting better. The good thing? Only happens once!
Now you are all grown up. :D
Peder

Hope you're feeling better!! I still have mine, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has to go some time in the future, because it's acting up every once in a while.

I still have mine. I had my tonsils and adenoids taken out when I was six. Not very impressive, but I got freaked out when I woke up with a giant needle sticking in my arm, and when I sat up, blood poured all over me and the sheets. *grimace* And I couldn't talk for a week. I had to write down everything I wanted to say, and I couldn't write terribly much back then.
Bright side of getting your tonsils removed: ICE CREAM.
Hope someone gives you ice cream, and hope you get better!

Hope you are feeling better soon, Miss Shelf. Just take things easy for a while - lots of reading :)

Thanks everyone!

Peder-I was in a lot of pain, and they wouldn't give me enough morphine to completely dull the pain in the ER because they were waiting for the surgeon to come and look at me. I had to lay there for five hours before I went to the operating room-on top of more than 24 hours of suffering before I realized I didn't have a stomach bug. I'm surprised I didn't break any teeth from grinding and gritting them. Yes, it is a very good thing it only happens once!

I got ice cream when I came home, the hospital didn't provide any. All they gave me was unappetizing stuff like Cream of Wheat, vanilla pudding, Jell-O, chicken consomme, and coffee that didn't taste like any coffee I know of. To make matters worse, I had a dulled sense of taste, probably from the anesthesia. I mostly drank ice water till I got home. I think I've put back on most of the weight I lost. :D

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Miss Shelf. :)

I have not gone through this myself, but my mother was rushed to hospital for an emergency op a few years ago as her appendix was about to rupture.

Miss Shelf said:
Not the kind in books, the one in your body. I had mine removed last weekend and have been recuperating. Do I win the prize for best excuse for not being around?

How many of you have experienced that horrible pain and the operation to remove it?

Any pictures from the surgery?;) :p

Some people will go to great measures to get out of hanging out with us bibliophiles:rolleyes: I'm glad you're on the mend!

abecedarian said:
Some people will go to great measures to get out of hanging out with us bibliophiles:rolleyes: I'm glad you're on the mend!

I'd give a kidney to meet Dan Brown.:)

SFG75 said:
Any pictures from the surgery?;) :p

I was actually going to ask if he had a video of the surgery, but he was in a big hurry, maybe I'll ask at the next appointment. I'm real curious as to what it looks like inside there. I suppose these days they don't let you take your appendix in a jar of formaldehyde home with you, that's disappointing. I was wondering how to get it encased in a Lucite cube for a paperweight. :D

Back