• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Are you offended - really????

Status
Not open for further replies.
SFG75 said:
I If folks around here put the same amount of energy into posting about BOOKS as they do about gripes about the board, who knows, maybe we'd have a thousand threads as active and exciting as the two Nabokov ones. Just one person's opinion, take it for what it's worth.

And, as we are so aptly demonstrating here, it is entirely within our abilities to do both. And without fighting about it. ;)

I haven't been annoyed at anything that I've read here. Sometimes irritated by some literary snobbery (there was an old thread somewhere where someone was telling people that they should stop reading light fluff, and start reading serious literature :rolleyes: ), but that can always be argued with.

I haven't noticed heavy-handedness by the mods, but then again I haven't been here for that long, so don't know the history of it all. :confused: But I do think that shutting down a thread when people have a lot to say about it just breeds resentment and anger. No adult likes to be told to shut up when they feel they have something on their chest. I guess if someone is trolling the board and posting to get a reaction, then it's justified for them to be suspended/banned etc. I dunno. I like this board, and I personally wouldn't have noticed anything "wrong" if the recent 'TBF Moderation' thread hadn't been started. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back