• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Are you ready for some football?!?!

pwilson

Anyone else chompin' at the bit for the big NFL Kickoff tonight? Not a chowderhead by any means but I'm always happy to watch the Raiders get their heads stomped in! Favorite teams? Matchups you're looking forward to this weekend?

I'm a Broncos fan, not expecting too much trouble with the Fins.

I had to read carefully, last time someone mentioned football at TBF they were talking about what we Americans call Soccer :eek: BLASPHEMY!!!

But, yes! I am cuckoo-for-cocoa puffs PSYCHED about the Football season starting!

GO EAGLES :D
NFL_Eagles.gif

Sell Sword said:
I had to read carefully, last time someone mentioned football at TBF they were talking about what we Americans call Soccer :eek: BLASPHEMY!!!

GO EAGLES :D

Yeah, I've nearly made that mistake myself. I tried to be as clear as I could
:) How do you think the Eagles will do after all the offseason turmoil? I think they'll still be very good but you've got to wonder if it won't take its toll.

Go Pats!!

This is the closest team to my province here so we see their games most frequently and so I became a fan of them. This was back in 2001 before they won the Superbowl... and for every superbowl I've been in Canada for (2002, 2004, 2005 - I was in Oz for the 2003 game) they've brought it home!

Kookamoor said:
Go Pats!!

This is the closest team to my province here so we see their games most frequently and so I became a fan of them. This was back in 2001 before they won the Superbowl... and for every superbowl I've been in Canada for (2002, 2004, 2005 - I was in Oz for the 2003 game) they've brought it home!
Hey Kook,
It'll be interesting to see how they do minus some pretty big names (both players and coaches). Nothing ever seems to phase them, they just keep rolling. They do have a brutal schedule this year. I for one am looking forward to their visit to the Mile High City. Their last game here (the year before last) was fantastic, but this year I'll hope for a different ending!

Favorite team is The New England Patriots, so I'm pretty pumped for this game. Plus, The Rolling Stones will do half time, so that's all good. :)

Hubby is a big fan. I don't mind watching now and then. I have been instructed :rolleyes: to have the pregame show on the television when he gets home from work.

I am supporting the San Fran 49ers, which I guess has doomed them to yet another season of 4 and 12 drudgery.

Phil :D

Can't wait for tonight! Been excited all week - but i am a Saints fan, so i will be rooting for them all season, once we figure out where they are going.

Steelers fan here. :D I do plan on watching the Raiders tonight. You just have to root for them. They take everyone's rejects, troublemakers, and outright misfits and try to do something with nothing-to me, they are football's version of Rocky-though they get knocked around quite a bit more. :D

Blech. I don't care for football. My brothers and father are of course rooting for the Pats as they have their entire lives. So, "Go Pats & all...rah!"

pwilson said:
I tried to be as clear as I could

Then say American Football; you're the only ones that call it football, and, on an international board, comprising many nations, it's just silly.

Sonny673 said:
Favorite team is The New England Patriots, so I'm pretty pumped for this game. Plus, The Rolling Stones will do half time, so that's all good. :)

Well, you must be happy-the Pats won in a good fashion. It's a good thing they got things turned around the second half. The Raiders average age is that of the Stones. :rolleyes:

Not only are the Raiders old, they always seem to manage to self-destruct. 16 penalties! Fun to watch! Congrats Kook and you other Pats fans. They seem to be picking up right where they left off.

Back