• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

are you worried about a pandemic?

Miss Shelf said:
Frankly I'm disillusioned with KFC. It just doesn't taste as good as it used to, for some reason. And I can never forget what I saw while waiting for carry-out, I was appalled and wrote the company-they sent me a $10 certificate which I didn't use. (I saw workers being less than sanitary, such as putting back about 50 popcorn chicken containers that had dropped on the floor and an arriving worker high-fiving a worker with plastic gloves, who went on with his business; and a worker using a gray rag to wipe off a counter then not changing plastic gloves before perparing tacos on said counter.) I lost my appetite right there. I'm starting to get paranoid about eating out altogether.
From working at KFC during my first years of university I can tell you that it depends on the store and the staff. I worked at a very sanitary store, and as a staff trainer I emphasised excellent hygene (for future reference - pink chux are for raw chicken, green is for everything else... at least that's the practice in Australia). The problem is that not everyone is so dilligent.

I don't necessarily think this is a problem confined to chain stores, either. It comes from staff that 1) Are not trained sufficiently or appropriately, and/or 2) Do not care about their jobs. It is for this reason that proper restaurants that are a lot more discerning about their employees and can afford to hire based on experience will likely have better hygene. But where you see apathetic/uninterested/rude staff, I think tend to be more concerned about hygene.

All that being said, though, being too hygenic is dangerous because your body doesn't build up immunities and antibodies. I know scientists who recommend dropping your food on the floor once a week to ensure that this occurs. But I agree that I would prefer to drop food on my own floor, not have restauranters do it for me!

Edit: Oh, yeah. And American KFC doesn't put chicken salt on their chips, which is to its detriment! (There's another thread where I ranted about that here somewhere... :D)

Kookamoor said:
Edit: Oh, yeah. And American KFC doesn't put chicken salt on their chips, which is to its detriment! (There's another thread where I ranted about that here somewhere... :D)
No chicken salt! But then they'd just be regular old fish 'n chip chips. Do they really not? You know that there's something wrong in this world when KFC doesn't put chicken salt on their chips. :eek:

Interesting. When I was in America and had KFC i thought it was nowhere near as good as here in the UK. But I just thought it was me being picky, or perhaps a duff outlet.

MonkeyCatcher said:
No chicken salt! But then they'd just be regular old fish 'n chip chips. Do they really not? You know that there's something wrong in this world when KFC doesn't put chicken salt on their chips. :eek:
Yup, the chips suck. I first raised this complaint here, and then novella offered me this solution... but I just don't think it'd be quite the same!

CDA said:
Interesting. When I was in America and had KFC i thought it was nowhere near as good as here in the UK. But I just thought it was me being picky, or perhaps a duff outlet.
Nope, both my brother and sister felt the same way when they tried KFC /and/ Maccas in America. I think that they just went to the supermarket and cooked their food in the end because they disliked the fast-food places so much.

Kookamoor said:
Yup, the chips suck. I first raised this complaint here, and then novella offered me this solution... but I just don't think it'd be quite the same!
I just add a bit of chicken stock to salt and mix it up. Not quite the same, but it's a nice alternative.

Back