• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ariel Castro and three kidnapped women in Cleveland

It may all depend with neighbours as to how well you know what their normal type routine is. I think we might notice a radical change in pattern of neighbours across the street, not so much the next door ones - there's a high hedge on one side and a tall fence on the other but they are near enough that we'd certainly hear screaming. I just hope that nothing like that ever happens. :eek:

I've lived in this apartment for 13 years, the apartment above has had many tenants. One set moved in and I could hear the father calling his children horrible names and strange bumps and thuds, children crying and suddenly stop. This lasted all of 15 minutes before I called the police to report it. They hauled him away in handcuffs and his wife was mad at me.

I'd report it again in a hot second.

I've lived in this apartment for 13 years, the apartment above has had many tenants. One set moved in and I could hear the father calling his children horrible names and strange bumps and thuds, children crying and suddenly stop. This lasted all of 15 minutes before I called the police to report it. They hauled him away in handcuffs and his wife was mad at me.

I'd report it again in a hot second.

Good for you Princess F - I think it's good to look out for other folks. I know you run the risk of having the spouse or whoever mad at you but hopefully you help protect the little ones. There are so many cases where women get beat up but refuse to testify against the man and tragically some of them end up dead, we certainly see cases like that in the newspaper.

Sadly too few people will report things for fear of getting involved and/or retribution.
I can see that. You're a good neighbor if something bad actually happened, but if it's a misunderstanding then you're just the nosy neighbor, sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

For the life of me, I fail to understand why we don't make certain crimes against children a capitol offense.

For the life of me, I fail to understand why we don't make certain crimes against children a capitol offense.

I'm sure it has something about not all states having the death penalty. Plus other reasons.

I thought I read in the paper that the death penalty was on the table for Ariel Castro. The death penalty is still in effect in Ohio for certain cases.

Back