• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ask Me Anything ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
fluffy bunny said:
On every car (over here anyway) above each door except the driver door and the boot, there's something that looks like a handle. What's the purpose of such a contraption and why isn't one over the driver door?

Here we call them "Holy Shit handles" and their purpose is to hang on to and try to pull yourself up into heaven as you close your eyes and scream "Holy Shit!" In said situations, the driver has the steering wheel to hang onto while she closes her eyes and screams, rendering the "holy shit" handle uneccesary.

Martin, forgive me, you didn't seem to be answering that one.

SillyWabbit said:
I have seen debate over that. Some saying that the original published order is better and some saying the new version is better. Do you know anything about that?

I have read 2 of the books I think. I really want to, at some time, read them all :)
Personally I prefer reading them in chronological order (it makes more sense to me that way). Other's feel they should be read in the order Lewis wrote them in, but it can get confusing that way - especially as the Magician's Nephew sets the background history of Narnia (it is set 1000 years before the other books).

I haven't read them for years (read them severasl times as a child), but I did buy the whole box set a couple of years ago :eek: (It's still in the packaging though)

About the deleting of spam from my thread. As you wish, I shall not delete anything anymore. I'd already done 15 pages, which cannot be retrieved, and you'll have to live with that. I'm closing this thread - as I have no further intention to answer questions.

Thanks for all the fun, guys.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back