• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Oh, and I have some unidentifiable avatars, as well. Is Cabrasopa's really a can of goat soup? And is clueless' avatar a plant or a map?

I picked Meg for my avatar because I like the show family guy, grew up outside Rhode Island and well...if you see my above post you smart folks may be able to figure it out.

Wolhay said:
I chose Squidbert because of his sense of humour.

ummmm....here in America it's Squidward, or Squidwerd (not sure on the spelling)...is your Squidbert from the cartoon Spongebob Squarepants?

They look exactly alike.

Now that I've figured out how to add one, I can actually join this thread. Mine is the author photo from the copy of LOTR that I read growing up. It has a bit of a magical quality about it for me and takes me back to those "reading under the covers with a flashlight" days. :)

Motokid said:
ummmm....here in America it's Squidward, or Squidwerd (not sure on the spelling)...is your Squidbert from the cartoon Spongebob Squarepants?

They look exactly alike.
'tis the same and Squidwerd is called Bläckvard in the Schwedische dub because his heart is full of bläck.

Hey pwilson! Just wanted to let you know that the JRRT avatar you've got there completely skewers my impression of you. To me, you're a cool dude who reads cool books. Now everytime I read your posts I keep imagining a wise old gentlemen patiently talking and teaching us young whipper-snappers a thing or two. :D

"Arrr, read them Guy Gavriel Kays, ya hear? Or I'll knock all ya teeth out..."

ds

My ayatar is a quilt block. Quiltmaking is one of my passions and I liked this one best of all the quilt block avatars I found. I am thinking, however of searching for another quilty avatar, that more suits my personality.

Oooh, like your new quilt avatar, cjm!

Very bright and cheery - suits your personality.

When I picked a penguin, I, like Kookamoor, had no idea there was a problem with the little critters here. I started liking them when I had seen a documentary on penguins while recovering from surgery in the hospital, and they made me laugh for the first time in days. Also, Monty Python's 'penguin on the television' sketch is one of my favorites-it has caused a flock of 10 penguins to settle on the top of my telly! I also have lots of other penguin things around the house.

When I saw the penguin reading, it seemed like a good choice for this place.

Not to sound dumb, but what is the penguin problem, if it's OK to ask? :confused: Should I think about another avatar? I could use a Frankenstein or a kitty cat or something completly different! :D

i have asked about the penguins too, to no avail. i think it is only wabbit who feels that they are evil, you should be safe. i read frankenstein and kitty together. lol. frankenkitty.

i, too, only having been here for a short while and reading about the hate on for penguins, would like to know, why the hate on?

ricky said:
i, too, only having been here for a short while and reading about the hate on for penguins, would like to know, why the hate on?
Be quiet or they might hear you... :eek:

Back