• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bad habits!

Sanyuja said:
I dont call [staying up late while reading] a bad habit. Staying up late for watching television is a bad habit.
Now that is utter bullshit. But that a different thread altogether.

Cheers

Martin said:
Now that is utter bullshit. But that a different thread altogether.
Cheers
Martin, did you see the "I" in the sentence? I said, thats what I think!! Its not necessary that the whole world should agree with me :)

speaking of book abuse, it's been a while since I encountered a library book with all the cuss words inked out by someone. Has anyone else seen that?

phil_t said:
Oooh, thats another of Ice's annoying habits!! (Shes gonna start getting mad with me if I keep posting these up!!)
:mad: I do have books which have seen better days (though these tend to be second copies that I buy to take on holiday etc so I don't ruin the original :eek: )

Ice said:
:mad: I do have books which have seen better days (though these tend to be second copies that I buy to take on holiday etc so I don't ruin the original :eek: )

don't be embarrassed and don't let other people make you feel bad, therefore that you love your books!!
:mad: @ everybody who says something else to being kind to your books!!

Geenh said:
My only bad habit it trying to do EVERYTHING whilst reading a book. I cook, eat, walk (sometimes) chop vegies, empty the dishwasher, etc. I drop things including my book a lot because I cannot do the other job with only the hanh that isn't clasping the book.

That's pretty much the same with me.

honeydevil said:
don't be embarrassed and don't let other people make you feel bad, therefore that you love your books!!
:mad: @ everybody who says something else to being kind to your books!!
:D Don't worry - I usually ignore everything he says anyway ;)

I don't have any bad habits at all, I'm perfect and everybody loves me.

Perhaps drinking cola or chocolate when I read could be considered a bad habit, just think of the terror of a stained book.

I can only do one thing at a time. The only thing I do while reading is turn pages and sit around or ride a stationary bike. I can't read if the TV is on or if I have food in my mouth. Maybe I need to read while I eat, so I won't eat so fast.

Ice said:
:D Don't worry - I usually ignore everything he says anyway ;)

Yeah, it must be love!! :D Of course, its perfectly true, she does ignore everything I say, especially when she's glued to the computer.

"Hun, its time to go to bed, its five in the morning"
"Urrrghrghrg, sure, just a sec."

"Hun, shouldnt we feed the dogs, they've started eating the walls"
"Mmmmnmsmjd, go on then."

"Hun, we really should be going, the house is on fire."
"Gjgojdfjgd, in a minute."

:D

Anyway, I take care of my books, the fact that they are well worn just shows that I love them :)

Phil

What are those odd noises she makes just prior to speaking? Is she terminally ill?

If your dogs eat walls, I suggest you get other ones.

I agree with that last point you make, though.

Cheers

phil_t said:
"Hun, we really should be going, the house is on fire."
"Gjgojdfjgd, in a minute."
l

Haha, this last one made me laugh soo hard! :D

My bad habit i think is that i have to carry my book around me everywere, you never know when there's a time for reading ;), and that makes it a little worn out.. If it has a cover that you can take off, i'll probably ruin it pretty fast. I've stopped the habit of doing dog-ears on it, because i got yelled at for it soo many times, so i stopped because i wanted to save my hearing :p. I read pretty slow though (if it's in another language) and sometimes im to eager to read some books that i can read two at the time just to read them. :) i just cant wait. :p which i think kinda spoils the feeling behind a book. :rolleyes:

Other than that, my book is my baby. :p

Martin said:
What are those odd noises she makes just prior to speaking? Is she terminally ill?

Not particularly funny that, it was meant to indicate the vague noises she makes in my direction when shes not paying the slightest attention to our conversation.

If your dogs eat walls, I suggest you get other ones.

Yes, they do, they've chewed a couple of huge holes in the walls - they like the taste of the plaster :rolleyes: ..... and we wouldnt change them for the world.

Phil

Back