• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

BAR Photo Challenge version 1.0

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
It looks there is sufficient interest for this so let's do it.

"The Rules"

1. Theme gets announced the first or second of the month. The theme can be anything such as an object (churches), genre (landscape), color (red), emotion (love), etc. When it is your turn to pick a theme, be creative!

2. Photos posted must be related to the theme. If you have to spend more than one sentence explaining how it is related, then it probably isn't related.

3. Pics must be posted before the end of the month.

4. Up to three pics can be entered. Post the images in this thread.

5. Any camera can be used including cell phone cameras. Feel free to give photo details and info about the subject if you wish.

6. Cropping is OK, Photoshop is not.

7. The person who picks the theme also names the person to come up with the next theme. And so on.

8. You need to have participated in the previous month's challenge to be eligible for picking a theme.

9. Have fun!

April's theme is: Spring.

I've only taken one photo so far this month...and it was a of a huge, green d20 (65mm). It has nothing to do with Spring. I'm moving in the direction of almost taking pictures again...

Wow April is almost over and no pics?

I'll give it a shot, I am no photographer though.

When I think of spring (or the month of April) a few things come to mind.

1 being:

ai1210.photobucket.com_albums_cc418_brk_3_Jackson.jpg

**Fishing the Jackson River for trout** (taken with cell phone)

awww.davidrm.com_rmphotoblog_images__2011_04_tj201104252106_1.jpg

awww.davidrm.com_rmphotoblog_images__2011_04_tj201104252106_2.jpg awww.davidrm.com_rmphotoblog_images__2011_04_tj201104252106_3.jpg

We had a rainy day here in Tulsa. I took the lower right on my front porch, and the other two from my back porch (with the screen door propped open). All three shots were made with my Nikon D700 + Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8. I think all of them are at f5.6 because I'm lazy that way. All of the pictures are cropped, especially the bird, but otherwise straight out of the camera.

-David

Landslide: I love that bottom one. Where is that?

A thought: I would crop that shot in to be just the lower-middle, with the rough steps and the pots on opposite side of the bright white railing.

-David

Landslide: I love that bottom one. Where is that?

A thought: I would crop that shot in to be just the lower-middle, with the rough steps and the pots on opposite side of the bright white railing.

-David

That's a tourist housing I walked by. I thought the different colour flower pots were really cute. All of the pictures were cropped and I thought about cropping that one more but I just loved that buoy against the sea...

OK, my contributions for Spring:

When I think Spring, I also think flowers:

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_BARPhotoProjectv1img1.png

I also think of lambs.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_BARPhotoProjectv1img2.png

Of course, just because the daffodils are blooming it doesn't mean you can stop heating your home.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_BARPhotoProjectv1img3.png

Back