• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Barbara Walters

One of my sisters used a hose pipe on my other sister's boyfriend (when he was coming to pick her up). He never made it to the front door. We never saw him again.

clueless said:
Sitaram, I think this thread has gone to the dogs. It must be in Walthamstow by now.
Yes it has.

Sorry for the late post, but I just couldn't let this pass:
Sitaram said:
I am always trying to strike up something interesting and half-way intelligent, without resorting to ad hominem. I think mine is a rather positive approach. Anyone can throw spitballs and pick nits. The challenge is to go way out on a limb, risk criticism and failure, but attempt something substantial, something of significance.
Does this mean "resorting to ad hominem" can't be interesting, half-way intelligent or result in something substantial and of significance? Seems to me, some of the most interesting discussions I've had were ad hominem. But since, this is only a personal opinion and obviously not very intelligent, those conversations mustn't have been as significant or as interesting as I thought.

Sorry, but I'm getting crotchety in my old age.

novella said:
At least dogs get off the couch when the lady of the house enters the room. :)

True, novella, but only to stick his nose in her butt! (so we aren't so different after all!)

:D

I really think the best retardant would be to start telling your man about your day. If the story includes anything about shoes, he will be sound asleep until the game comes on. ;)

Sorry for the late post, but I just couldn't let this pass:

Does this mean "resorting to ad hominem" can't be interesting, half-way intelligent or result in something substantial and of significance? Seems to me, some of the most interesting discussions I've had were ad hominem. But since, this is only a personal opinion and obviously not very intelligent, those conversations mustn't have been as significant or as interesting as I thought.

Sorry, but I'm getting crotchety in my old age.

She's right Sitaram, intellectual discussion is reserved for the farting thread.

Back