• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bernard Cornwell: Sword Song

saliotthomas

The last of the saxon stories,and as always with Cornwell,a pure treat for the lovers of ass kicking medieval novels.
It deals with vickings,Saxons,northmen,Shield walls and brutal sword fight.The bads are very bad,the coward terribly despictable and ploting,the good not so good,in short the same ingredients for an expected but dilightful recipe.
The only low note is the end coming a bit short but letting us hope for a following.

The last of the saxon stories,and as always with Cornwell,a pure treat for the lovers of ass kicking medieval novels.
It deals with vickings,Saxons,northmen,Shield walls and brutal sword fight.The bads are very bad,the coward terribly despictable and ploting,the good not so good,in short the same ingredients for an expected but dilightful recipe.
The only low note is the end coming a bit short but letting us hope for a following.

I have read two other books placed in medievel times and liked them,how many are there in the series?

I have read two other books placed in medievel times and liked them,how many are there in the series?

First is Arthur story ,3 books,then The arlequin,story of an English archer in France,3 others then the Saxons,4 so far.
All very good,won't twist you a neurone,but the best in the genre i ever read.

I think there is also 3 written with his wife,a crown of mercy and others.

First is Arthur story ,3 books,then The arlequin,story of an English archer in France,3 others then the Saxons,4 so far.
All very good,won't twist you a neurone,but the best in the genre i ever read.

I think there is also 3 written with his wife,a crown of mercy and others.

Thanks Thomas,I will look into them.

Agincourt

I just started reading the newest by Cornwell, "Agincourt". Great so far.

I've only bought the second in the Saxon series, The Pale Horseman, but am waiting to read the first one, The Last Kingdom. Looks good.

I just finished Agincourt.Good Cornwell,better than Sword song.
It is very like is other archer trilogie-Arlequin-Lots of technical details and as alway lively,easy to read.Also not too predictible wich is a blessing.
A nice display of insult and naming directed to my countrymen,turds sucking son of ....very colorfull.

It is very like is other archer trilogie-Arlequin-Lots of technical details and as alway lively,easy to read.Also not too predictible wich is a blessing.
A nice display of insult and naming directed to my countrymen,turds sucking son of ....very colorfull.

It's supposed to be a good account of Battle_of_Agincourt which would be an interesting read.

I enjoyed Agincourt as well. (Sorry Robert i missed your post). I did not like it as well as Cornwell's Grail Quest series, which was my favorite and also featured an Archer. The Sword Song series is also great in my opinion.

I'm a Cornwell addict..lol

Just finishing "The Burning Land", excellent read, can't wait for the next after Agincourt.

I'm certain that I read somewhere that Cornwell uses his family history to write the Saxon Tales. I think he has an ancestor named Uhtred.

Cornwell is sort of addictive....
I got introduced to these a couple of years ago and I think I read everything in print in about 3-4 months. Luckily he churns them out at a fairly decent rate.
Is Burning lands a follow up to Agincourt? Must be fairly new. Or maybe I haven't been to the library in a while.

Cornwell is sort of addictive....
I got introduced to these a couple of years ago and I think I read everything in print in about 3-4 months. Luckily he churns them out at a fairly decent rate.
Is Burning lands a follow up to Agincourt? Must be fairly new. Or maybe I haven't been to the library in a while.

"The Burning Lands" is the next book in the Saxon Tales series, Sword Song was the previous book.

I also started on Cornwell from the library, my problem is that our library, in this small town, is missing several volumes of many, many authors and series. Soooo, my selves are bulging and sagging.:lol:

Only Cornwell book at library I work at is harlequin. Is this one okay to read by itself, or do you have to read whole series to understand it?

Most of Cornwells books can be read alone, can you get books from other libraries? Here, I can make a request to my library and they get it for me from a library that has the book I need.

There is only one English language library in Chiang Mai, which is one I work as volunteer at. There are however numerous used book shops that sell English language books. This being Asia, many of the books available here are about Thailand, China and other Asian countries. But there are also plenty of other books available from America and England. However, most of the books I read now have been around for awhile.

My friend, I have tons of paperback novels, it is actually becoming a storage problem, if you have some titles that you would like to read, let me know. It would be my pleasure to send you some.

Krutj that is a very very kind offer. However i cannot let you do this. It is quite expensive to ship stuff over here, which is why I never order books from Amazon or anywhere in states. I have a bunch of crochet stuff my wife made to ship to my daughters back in US and i don't even ship them because of price. I told her I will bring them back with me when I come visit in September. But thanks again for the offer. I know what you mean about books. I have 2 bookcases but they are full and so have boxes and bags of books all over.

"The Burning Lands" is the next book in the Saxon Tales series, Sword Song was the previous book.

I also started on Cornwell from the library, my problem is that our library, in this small town, is missing several volumes of many, many authors and series. Soooo, my selves are bulging and sagging.:lol:

Ahhhh! I have been waiting for the next installment of Uhtred. I think he is my favorite character Cornwell has come up with, although I liked the Archer in the Harlequin series as well.

Chiangmaifalcon - I think Harlequin is the first in the Archer tales series, so you could definitely start there with no problem.

Back