• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best short story

SillyWabbit said:
Hi, what is the best short story that you ever read???

Mine is By Isac Asimov and it called "The Last Question." This story also has THE best ending EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

So, what's the best short story you ever read and what was it about?

Regards
SillyWabbit

not sure to define those as BEST, but they are my fav, that any mystery story from Edgar Allen Poe. The fall of the house usher, the black cat, the man of the crowd... Personally consider the the fall of the house usher is the best thrilling story i ever read. In fact, I was pretty much scared by this one. (the clicking of the steel chains, the pounding and screaming from the coffin in the uderground, the collapsing of the house in the pond, all are still alive on mind.):eek:

just was reminded of another author, Stefan Zweig. His stories, the Royal Game, and Buchmendel are among the favourit stories i have read.

What kind of story can be defined as short story.? :confused:

I think it was called The Pedestrian by Ray Bradbury, (please correct me if I am wrong) but it's about this man that goes for a walk and I think he gets a ticket or arrested for taking a walk instead of watching TV. We read it in my honors english class a few years back. Great story.

Salinger's Nine Stories is excellent. For Esme -- with Love and Squalor is one of my favorites.

I like "The Bet" by Anton Chekhov; no spoilers, but anyone who likes books (and I know you all do) will probably find it interesting.

Back