• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best & Worst

of course you're not going to have the exact same effect in using different mediums to relay the same idea, but don't you think it's somewhat limiting to our creative capacity and intelligence to say that no story can ever be translated perfectly? to say that there is no way to capture the elements of one medium and relay them in another? especially with a simple enough plot? of course the medium is different, but why should the message itself or the elements contained therein be?

Because I have little faith in Hollowood. Screenwriters, directors, producers, etc, try to "spice" things up too much to appeal to movie-goers to stick fully to a book...they'll have to depart in one way or another. Not that I think it is completely impossible, but I think it is with the way Hollowood works.

I think it also comes from who I am. I've never been a big fan of television or movies, simply because most of them bore me. Even the good ones. I cannot sit still through any movie, and I can't even watch television for more than 5 minutes at the most. I can sit and read a book for hours....the writing and stories captivate me in a way that no movie can emulate.

Back