• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Blogging

Martin said:
Bad blogs are quite easily recognisable - most of the times you won't have to battle your way through 4 pages of shit before you come to the conclusion that it is just that; shit.

Cheers
:p Well I started one over the summer - I made a whole two posts and havn't updated it since :eek:

Blogging is amusing for the person who does it--one would hope--but I only read blogs that have real journalism behind them. They are a great alternative to big media. All the bellybutton musings in the world don't add up to a hill of beans in this world, though.

Fave blogs are ones with political activism and some hard information behind them, that have earned a reputation, like dailykos.com.

Also, I like Blog of a Bookslut, which is great for publishing news.

I used to do a local blog when I was in a very active political phase, focusing on issues in my town. It got read a lot by people in town, but I got burned out on it. Essentially, it felt like unpaid work after a while. But it was never about me, just about what was happening in town, the usual corruption and graft.

Martin said:
You don't have to read a single blog, you know.

Cheers

So true, Martin. I checked out yours some time ago and didn't see my name mentioned once. :(

I was devastated and haven't returned since.

RaVeN

Yes, I have a blog. And yes, it's probably drivel. But it's MY drivel. I don't really expect anybody else to read it, enjoy it, or whatever, but then again, I enjoy reading other people's thoughts and opinions, so I put it out there. Some of it's personal. Some of it is things I'm learning about writing and the publishing process. I figure if someone isn't interested, they don't have to look. :)

So true, Martin. I checked out yours some time ago and didn't see my name mentioned once.

I was devastated and haven't returned since.
Well, we're not all here to constantly blow your horn, are we? In fact, I'm not touching your horn with a ten foot stick!

While wearing gloves!

And protective goggles!

Cheers

Well, we're not all here to constantly blow your horn, are we? In fact, I'm not touching your horn with a ten foot stick!

While wearing gloves!

And protective goggles!

If you would've just put that in your blog, I would've been content enough to make it my home page. But nooooooo, you had to go ahead and ignore me as if your world doesn't revolve around me or something.

But I'll have my revenge, by gosh and golly. All it will take is one word from me and your blog will be over run with penguin shit.

You didn't think I'd break out the big guns, did ya? Neeener Neeener Neeener!

RaVeN

But I'll have my revenge, by gosh and golly. All it will take is one word from me and your blog will be over run with penguin shit.
You'd do it, too - that saddens me.

Cheers

Back