• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Blogs query

The blogging is interesting.

As someone said, I wouldn't create a blog to review books or talk about issues that may be of interest to the whole community. If I created a blog, it would be very ego-centric. It would essentially be a diary of my daily activities and innermost thoughts that may only be of interest to...well...me. And if others found it interesting, well, that's their problem. LOL!

I would not start a thread in the main forums, however, to talk about myself at length or my daily jaunts and ins-n-outs. That's what the blog is for.

I haven't decided whether to start a blog because what if I ran for political office some time in the near future?

If I created a blog, it would be very ego-centric. It would essentially be a diary of my daily activities and innermost thoughts that may only be of interest to...well...me. And if others found it interesting, well, that's their problem. LOL!

I would not start a thread in the main forums, however, to talk about myself at length or my daily jaunts and ins-n-outs. That's what the blog is for.

I haven't decided whether to start a blog because what if I ran for political office some time in the near future?

I have a blog here (Silver Threads) and if it keeps me out of office, some good will have come of it.

I keep a hand-written list of my reading each month in my purse, for convenience. But suppose I lose my list? I decided to transfer the lists to a blog, starting with January 2007. Now and then I want to ruminate on something which would sink out of sight in a thread. I ruminate in threads also -- imagine, if you can, a cow, the original ruminater, reminating in threads instead of grass -- but the blog entries are somehow more permanent in my mind and certainly easier to return to.

I have enjoyed the blog feature. It is an excellent way to keep track of the books that you've read and in that regard, the addition has been all the more worth it. I do enjoy looking at other blogs as well to see what other people are reading, not to mention getting an unvarnished view about a given book or other matter.

Janet H,
Glad to see the blogs reappear. :)
Now to figure out the answer to the big question. :cool:

Is there a button, or clicker I'm missing? I can't find anything to activate a notification system on the blogs.

Back