• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Lights

ions said:
Yeesh. Hope everyone is OK SFG75. :eek:
Hmm... same thing I thought. Hope things are fine there, Scott.

I didn't even know these things are sold! :eek: I'd have to have a look see next time I'm shopping.

Hehe... it's times like these that I really like reading on my PDA! :p

ds

OK SFG please tell me where they are located in Walmart...LOL. I have looked there tons of times looking for one and never can find one! Wonder if they have them available online :rolleyes:

I hope everyone is ok with the car accident!!

mom2kngr said:
OK SFG please tell me where they are located in Walmart...LOL. I have looked there tons of times looking for one and never can find one! Wonder if they have them available online :rolleyes:

The wife went in and got it, so I couldn't tell you. Whenever I need something that isn't out in the open at Wal-Mart, she goes in.:p :eek:

In regards to driving and reading-NO WAY!!. She drives while I read in the passenger seat. Sheeesh, give us Nebraskans credit, only crazy Kansans do that.:p ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mom2kngr said:

I found mine by the pens, pencils and office supplies.

Top 20 things to do at Wal-Mart:cool: :D :D :D

1.Take shopping carts for the express purpose of filling them and stranding them at strategic locations.

2Ride those little electronic cars at the front of the store.

3.Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten minute intervals throughout the day.

4.Start playing Calvinball; see how many people you can get to join in.

5.Contaminate the entire auto department by sampling all the spray air fresheners.

6.Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift wrap.

7.Leave cryptic messages on the typewriters.

8.Re-dress the mannequins as you see fit.

9.When there are people behind you, walk really slow, especially thin narrow aisles.

10.Walk up to an employee and tell him in an official tone, “I think we’ve got a Code 3 in Housewares,” and see what happens.

11.Tune all the radios to a polka station; then turn them all off and turn the volumes to “10”.

12.Play with the automatic doors.

13.Walk up to complete strangers and say, “Hi! I haven’t seen you in so long!...” etc. See if they play along to avoid embarrassment.

14.While walking through the clothing department, ask yourself loud enough for all to hear, “Who buys this crap, anyway?”

15.Repeat Number 14 in the jewelry department.

16.Ride a display bicycle through the store; claim you’re taking it for a “test drive.”

17.Follow people through the aisles, always staying about five feet away. Continue to do this until they leave the department.

18.Play soccer with a group of friends, using the entire store as your playing field.

19.As the cashier runs your purchases over the scanner, look mesmerized and say, “Wow. Magic!”

20.Put M&M’s on layaway.

cajunmama said:
I found mine by the pens, pencils and office supplies.

Eh-hem!!

There are no mannequins at wal-mart. :p

Funny, very funny.:D :D :D

You've apparently never been shopping with my brother-in-law.

cajunmama said:
Eh-hem!!

There are no mannequins at wal-mart. :p

Funny, very funny.:D :D :D

You've apparently never been shopping with my brother-in-law.

#'s 14 & 15 woudl be very interesting to do.:p

Oh, I think number 3 would be a hoot!

My brother-in-law has been known to take a large package of, oh, say, a feminine hygiene item and from about half way across the store, hold it high in the air and call out, "Hey!! I found the one you wanted".

mom2kngr said:

Come to think of it, she said it was by the books-along with some batteries and the magazines-try looking there.:cool:

Well we are headed to Kearney and GI today after school. Dropping kids off at my folks in Minden, so we can have some quiet Christmas shopping time. :) I will be going to Walmart and hoping to find one of them book lights!:D

At Walmart I bought a Rayovac LED light that you wear around your neck but you have to hold it to position it to different paragraphs on page. You can clip it but it's not a good one.
The only bad reviews (probably Amazon) I read about the Wedge was that it gets scrached up easily so be careful.
I'm going to google search Images for one but whatever I choose will have an LED bulb because it's so much better.

Reading Light Recommendation...

This summer I am during some traveling and I need to purchase a reading light. Any recommendations?

aec1.images_amazon.com_images_P_B000095RB4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Whatever you get keep your receipt. Cheap Made in China crap comes back broken/defective all the time.

I need a new one too-I bought one at Borders that lasted about a year before it broke. Well, it didn't work that well to begin with. I think I might look into the itty bitty book light since I read mostly mass market paperbacks. If I had enough money I would definitley go for the Wedge.

Back