• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book of Blood - Clive Barker

Marcel Admiraal

Hello,

I recently watched this as I found out a friend of mine worked on it. He was one of the art directors and told me many a fine tale of the going-ons on the set.

Anyway, I quite liked it and I think it sort of got me interested in Clive Barker.

Has anyone read the Book of Blood? I think I might give it a go.

Thoughts are welcome.

Regards,

Marcel

I read some of them a long time ago. The only story that I can remember is The Body Politic where people's hands rebel and start lopping themselves off and try to take over the world.

Not seen The Book Of Blood, but I have seen most other films based on the stories from the collection - Midnight Meat Train; The Body Politic (from Quicksilver Highway); Rawhead Rex (although I was very young, then); Candyman; and Lord Of Illusions. Dread has eluded me thus far. But I've also seen Jaqueline Ess, Her Will & Testament and The Body Politic performed as a stage show under the banner of The Books Of Blood...and Barker was in the audience that night (it was a very small room, of about fifty people).

Back