• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book review: Crashing the Gate

SFG75

Crashing the Gate is a new book written by Jerome Armstrong and Markos Zuniga. Both of these young men are founders of prominent political blogs, Daily Kos and MyDD. The book is not one to bash the other party a la Al Franken or Michael Moore. Rather, it is a listing of what is wrong the democratic party today. There is a particularly large section dealing with consultants who are hired year after year, despite horrible records. Bob Shrum, Kerry's main man is now 0-8 on presidential campaigns worked on.:eek: While the GOP turns out losing consultants, the democrats have a problem of keeping on the deadwood. The authors also state that the democrats have advertising wrong by focusing exclusively on traditional television ads, while ignoring satellite radio, blogs, radio, not to mention other alternative media outlets. As evidence for the argument, the authors cite how consultants were gloating that the florida airwaves were saturated with Kerry ads, confident that it would lead them to victory....it didn't. The book is very good in that you can see the strengths and weaknesses of the '04 campaign and why campaign spending is spent on the things that people deem important.

While it is a political book, it is nevertheless, a clarion call to a party that neds to run a 21st century campaign like their opponents did in '04. In some ways, it points towards trends long ago predicted by Toffler and others.

MSNBC article

The Nation review

About the links

Do the links below the review indicate that the review also appears in print? I am new here and am trying to understand. I don't have print media for my reviews.

As I understand it, some reviews appear only on the Internet, but you could print the Internet review for yourself. Others also appear in print.

You might also check out the DailyKos blog referred to in the review. The comments there are interesting and sometimes cover matters which don't get much play in the press or TV. Also, many links are posted to other sites and, sometimes, reviews.

Back