• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books about Shackelton / The Endurance

tgyeti

Greetings Forum,
I'd like to read about Shackelton's ship The Endurance and their adventure being trapped in the antarctic. There are several books on the subject and I'd like to only read one ;)

It seams "Endurance" by Alfred Lansing is well respected. There is also "The Endurance: Shackleton's Legendary Antarctic Expedition" by Carline Alexander. Can some recommend one over the other? Or, are there other books on the subject that are better?

Any thoughts are appreciated

Greg

I read Shackleton by Roland Huntford years ago, and it was excellent. I think it was a very balanced look at a man that some would view as a hero and others would view as a failure. Unfortunately, I think it's out of print, but copies should be available from on-line resources like Abebooks.

Thanks a lot for this thread; I've been meaning to find a good book on Shackleton for some time. Huntford's book sounds good, I'll see if I can find it.

Wow, I just visit this forum for the first time in months, post a request for titles on Shackleton, and see a similar post three threads down!!! :D

Back