• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books you have bought but haven't read yet

Well man i only have Michael Crichton - Terminal man and Leo Tolstoys - Resurrection, and you all have like a million unread.

The Historian
Uncle Tom's Cabin
Embers
Sons and Lovers
Dr.Glas
Paradise Lost

of the top of my head.

I have many many books I've purchased and waiting to be read. :( The most prominent is Gabriel Garcia Marquez's One Hundred Years of Solitude. Maybe I'll get to it by the end of this year. Maybe.

My list includes 66 books that I have either not read yet, or started and decided not to finish for whatever reason... And I just bought 3 more yesterday. I really have got to stop spending money!

My list includes 66 books that I have either not read yet, or started and decided not to finish for whatever reason... And I just bought 3 more yesterday. I really have got to stop spending money!

Sounds like me. I brought about 20 books with me to Germany and even though I have only read two and a half so far, I ordered six more...

I've managed to halt my compulsive need to purchase in order to make some progress in my to-read stacks. We'll see how long this lasts. I know there's no way for it to last beyond August because the second book in the Killer Unicorns series is being released. Hopefully by then I will have made a sizable dent in my remaining thirty books.

There's something abnormal about this? :lol:

I can't even begin to count the books I haven't read. :innocent:

I usually get books from the library, (because I am extraordinarily cheap) but I have a few stacks of books I bought at a huge yearly booksale in my city that remain unread. The only one I can think of offhand is Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" that just stares at me pitifully from the heap by my bed. I've (so far) used it to press flowers, level a table, and as a weight, and haven't even read the first page. I feel sort of guilty whenever I look at it.

I bought recently two biographies: Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Desejos Secretos by Diana Voigt and Ines Rieder,
the last one wasn't translated in English apparently. Don't know when I'll be able to focus and read those books. lol
They seem great...Love that type of book. I've been taking some quick peeps out of curiosity.... xD

The City of Falling Angels John Berendt

The Secret History Donna Tartt

Proud To Be A Mammal Czeslaw Milosz

The Tin Roof Blowdown James Lee Burke

plus some 73 other titles . . .

Back