• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books you read because of B&R

"A Farewell to Arms" by Ernest Hemingway. It's June's Book of the Month. Otherwise, I don't think I would ever go out of my way to read this book.

Stewart's The Invention of Morel review made me feel it was time I gave the book a try, and I didn't regret it.

Beneath a Marble Sky, by John Shors. I first learned about it on a historical fiction post. I haven't read it yet, but I'm certain I'll like it.

Here are some and I think list will keep on getting bigger:

DUNE - Frank Herbert
Ringworld -- Larry Niven
The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State -- Friedrich Engels

I have not read them yet as I am unable to find them at a price suitable for me.

Add 2 more:

The Algebra Of Infinite Justice -- Arundhati Roy
The Perilous Road to the Market -- Prem Shankar Jha

These 2 and previous 3 are only on the list for now. I will buy them as soon as they are available :)

Since first i came to the forum,there as been a good few book i read because of the forum,or the simply made the top of the pile.By reading post you can more or less know in which water some of the menbers navigate,and they often get you interested in testing them.

So many thanks to all,and i still have a good bit ahead

From a few yrs ago, off the top of my head:

Blindness ~ Saramago (thanks Martin even if it was a little bit similar to Day of the Triffids)
Handmaid's Tale ~ Atwood (still not fully convincved by this one but I still have the blind assassin on my to read pile)
Middlesex ~ Eugenides (thanks Stewat - really enjoyed this one)
Name of the Rose ~ Eco (still debating on Foucault's Pendulum)

Need to find a few more recent non-sf/f books so let me catch up on what I missed over the last 2-3yrs

Back