• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Borrow books for your Kindle from your local library

I was thinking about that. I haven't decided if its worth it or not. Lots of the books on the Prime thing are ones I either have already read, or own in some form or another. I'm giving Prime some time to build up before I commit.

I'll also be pissed if I buy Prime and then the Kindle books appear in our libraries shortly thereafter.

I was all good with the mobi books and converting them for my kindle but they removed all of those when Overdrive started carrying the actual Kindle format. BAH!

Does the free movies and TV shows apply to Canadians who have paid Prime? That could be worth it.

I'm still not convinced the Prime Membership is the right deal for us. We're used to waiting til we have a $25 order that qualifies for free shipping, and we still use inter library loan for books we know we'll only read once or to preview books we might want to order for our home library. The Prime Library deal looks good, but the way I understand it, we can only have one free book at a time, and there's something about a one month period.. will have to see about that one.

One book at a time for a month. Is that really that big of an issue? Sheesh, "check it out" again if a month isn't enough time.

One book at a time for a month. Is that really that big of an issue? Sheesh, "check it out" again if a month isn't enough time.

I dunno, I usually check out a several in that time frame. I just would have a hard time convincing Mr. Abc that this is such a wonderful deal. He doesn't use my Kindle at all and the prime shipping isn't such a draw to him. Everyone's situation is a little different..

PS: Got any good earache remedies?

Buy you only read one a time. If you keep multiple books going in parallel, just make sure you finish the Amazon one before 30 days are up.

This is what you get with Paid Amazon Prime:

1. Free two day shipping on stuff sold by Amazon (not third parties).

2. The Kindle lending library.

3. Free streaming of TV shows and movies.

I can't tell whether that is worth the $65/year for you or not. But for impatient me, the free two day shipping pays for itself within six months. Especially when it comes to sending out gifts.

Buy you only read one a time. If you keep multiple books going in parallel, just make sure you finish the Amazon one before 30 days are up.

This is what you get with Paid Amazon Prime:

1. Free two day shipping on stuff sold by Amazon (not third parties).

2. The Kindle lending library.

3. Free streaming of TV shows and movies.

I can't tell whether that is worth the $65/year for you or not. But for impatient me, the free two day shipping pays for itself within six months. Especially when it comes to sending out gifts.

They might also have an edge over the public library's e-book system too, if there's no waiting lists for the Kindle lending library. I don't think Prime is a bad deal, just not sure I can convince the husband yet.

Now, about that earache remedy...

awww.easyapotheke.de_images_xt_images_4884645.jpg

Works great for me. If that doesn't knock it out in 4-5 days then it's off to the doctor for the heavy duty drugs. Plus it's like 5 Euro.

I wonder if they might have it at Walgreens?!? I thought I had some ear ache drops in the cabinet, but it was eye drops in disguise. (sorry about the threadjack..)

They have a one month free trail for Prime. If you don't buy from amazon fairly often it really isn't worth it. The movies and books are a nice bonus but the movie selection is poor and you only get 1 book a month. The free 2 day shipping is the main reason to get it. I can usually find anything I want on amazon for as cheap or cheaper than anywhere else so I buy a lot from them, plus I have an amazon credit card that pays 3% back.

I've had Amazon Prime for years now, and it's been well worth it. I was housebound for several years, and had all sorts of paper goods, and even some groceries delivered along with multitudinous books and dvds. Believe me, Prime paid for itself, overtime. :D
It's only in the last year or so (I believe) that the perks of streaming movies for free has been available. And yes, the selection is not the best, but OTOH, I've found some real gems. You just have to be patient and scroll, and scroll.....and then scroll some more. heh

AIE
: Another perk is that OH is on as well, in fact, I believe any family member can be added on, within the same household at least.

Still considering Amazon Prime. I hadn't thought about the movie thing. Thanks for the reminder!

Abecedarian, in the US and Canada look for Auralgan in a dark blue bottle. Works like a son of a gun.

Back