• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bwa, ha, ha, ha, ha! I have you now!

kasuta said:
I have to say: Baron Vladimir Harkkonen!

I mean, the specific question was the most 'vile, evil, nasty' villain. Who personifies this more than this guy? He was fat, oozed pus, killed and tortured people for pure enjoyment, raped young boys, I could go on and on but I think that's enough.

I agree, kasuta - Baron Harkkonen fits the bill for this category. My favorite villian, though, is Immacolata from Clive Barker's Weaveworld. She blew me away

Mr Crane from Gridlinked by Neal Asher. He's a golem, sort of a hard as nails android, with a personality problem. Psychopath is not a strong enough word to describe him. He's an inexorable killing machine who in turn is very hard to kill. Imagine the Terminator on a really, really bad day. He was just completely devoid of humanity. I liked him. :D

lol He was the best thing in that book!

I liked all the little objects he collected, that was great! He always seemed on the edge of breaking out of control at any time and killing everybody.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Angus Thermopyle (Stephen Donaldson - The Gap Series) - rapist, mass murderer, sadistic psychopath, space pirate, traitor to humanity, badass cyborg. he's great.

Evil Villians

I think one that realy did scare the living beJesus out of me when i was young has to be the witch that lived under the sea in 'The Little Mermaid' by Hans Christian Anderson. Think about it, not only did she give the mermaid legs that sent staggering pains thrrough them every step she took, she cut out her tounge then ripped out her sisters hair. Eventually she tried to take the mermaids soul by turning her to foam. Wayyyyyy scarier than the Snow Queen!

Nasty, like in evil ruler? Well, i personally liked my choice but I'm evil! lol, I'd have to say the Demon Catyl from RA Salvatore's books "The Demon Awakens" all the Way to "Immortalis"

Feyd-Rautha was worse than the Baron; the Baron was more simply disgusting, certainly, but Feyd had the utter egoism and disregard for all others except himself far more refined, his scheming more Machiavellian and his subterfuges more dastardly. Then he goes and gets himself deaded.

the problem with most bad guys is that they suc. they always get the worst henchmen. always win the battle but not the war, and half of them want really deep down to be good . the rest of them are too one dimentional, evil 24/7 , im gonna go with plankton. :) is sponge bob sci fi? there are books :confused: :)

THE EVIL EMPEROR ZURG from Buzz Lightyear..
He's not really vile or from a fantasy book... but other than that..
zurgmain8jz.gif

A few people have put down Sauron or 'He Who Should Not Be Named,' but to be honest those unseeable villains don't really scare me/make me hate them whilst reading. I guess if you're looking for the unspeakable/intangible, something in the style of Lovecraft's stories is probably the way to go.

As for characters I love to hate when they enter a page, a few include Umbridge from Order of the Phoenix, Cersei from A Song of Ice and Fire and Regal from The Farseer Trilogy.

Severian said:
Angus Thermopyle (Stephen Donaldson - The Gap Series) - rapist, mass murderer, sadistic psychopath, space pirate, traitor to humanity, badass cyborg. he's great.
While angus is all of the above, he is also the hero in the gap series.....

Maybe not the greates bad guys of all time but both the Demon Calesta from the Coldfire triology and the Pannion Seer from the Malazean books are memorable villains.

Rosie said:
How about Mrs. Danvers from Rebecca? That lady creeps me out. I guess its not EXACTLY fantasty, but its still a pretty weird book.
YES!!!

She is evil to the core.

Back