• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can someone please kill the spoiler thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny Shovel said:
My cats breath smells of cat food.
ralph1.JPG

Kenny, that is SO irrelevant to this serious discussion.

Now then, who said the wrong thing to whom and why and were they justified or merely pulling someone's leg? Is Martin implicated? Did Halo act justly? I think Kenny should get in trouble for nosepicking and everyone else should sit quietly at their desks and complete the assignment. When you are done, put your pencil down, put your head on the desk, and sit quietly until the bell rings.

Big deal? No.

Little deal? Yes. It's the principle. It's the hypocracy.
I see little reasoning in both Martin, and the moderation decision.

I'm just voicing my opinion. Others seem to see my point as well.

If the thought is to keep a tidy forum, then the actions taken have made things less tidy.

Woah, woah, woah.

Take a deep breathe Moto et al.

I think Martin's point is valid. We just had a big discussion about the way in which we want the forum to go, and about sticking up for what we want. The purpose of the General Chat was a big part of that, as was the role of spamming in the forum. Many people said that they weren't a fan of spam, and the conclusion was that they should just stay out of the General Chat section if they weren't interested in it. Thus, it is unfair to those people if you carry on an entirely spam-related chat in another area of the forum.

Splitting the thread should keep everyone happy - you can carry on your fun and others can ignore you should they wish. So leave Martin and the mods alone. Martin's just voicing his opinion, which is better than him leaving the forum entirely because he's unhappy (love you Martin - please stay!!). And the mods are just keeping people happy - I don't see how this action should interfere with your discussion... unless it's less fun now that it isn't technically spam... in which case that seems to lack courtesy towards the other members.

Motokid said:
ohhh....and lets not forget that Senior Moderator Wabbit was happily posting away, 100 posts into the thread in question, and he never seemed to mention that things were kinda slipping away and should be confined to other areas of the forum.....
Maybe are mods are human after all! And enjoy a little bit of fun from time to time! :D

I'm perfectly calm....no need for breathing....

Then someone please tell me why the Senior Moderator did not step into action...as opposed to his participating....

Motokid said:
I'm perfectly calm....no need for breathing....

Then someone please tell me why the Senior Moderator did not step into action...as opposed to his participating....
A bit of fun maybe? :D

I see your point too Kook and I see why the thread would be moved. My only real issue was that this would need it's own thread. As I said before it could have been addressed in the spoiler/spam thread itself or via PM but one of the points brought up in the long discussion was threads started that served only 2 people or that would be better off in a PM. It just seems (and maybe just to me) that by starting this thread and the way it was titled that it was meant to be a bit of a jab.

ruby said:
A bit of fun maybe? :D

And that's all the spoiler thread was after the first 5 posts, which completely resolved question asked....everything else was just a bit of fun....the spammin did not interupt an otherwise informative or heated discussion....it was all in fun..and it did not disprut the thread or the forum. Left alone it would be dead right now....

we need a bobby burns. i'm going to go look for him, if i am not back in 3 months tell laurie she can have all my posts.

adieu.

Motokid said:
And that's all the spoiler thread was after the first 5 posts, which completely resolved question asked....everything else was just a bit of fun....the spammin did not interupt an otherwise informative or heated discussion....it was all in fun..and it did not disprut the thread or the forum. Left alone it would be dead right now....
Moto - The issue with the spam was merely the fact it was done in the Website Feedback, Help & Suggestions section. If someone came looking for that particular topic they would have no way of knowing that it was all concluded after the first 5 posts and would trawl through every page just incase one contained some useful information. This way the pertinant information can remain in a section where it may be useful to people wishing to learn how to write spoilers in the future without the spam getting in the way. Personally I wouldn't want to go to a Feedback, Help & Suggestions section on any forum and have to sift through a lot of spam just to extract the useful information and I am sure many others wouldn't either.

Ronny said:
As I said before it could have been addressed in the spoiler/spam thread itself or via PM but one of the points brought up in the long discussion was threads started that served only 2 people or that would be better off in a PM. It just seems (and maybe just to me) that by starting this thread and the way it was titled that it was meant to be a bit of a jab.
Ronny makes a valid point. The issue could have been handled with a PM and a quiet split/redirect to General Chat. No need to drag it into a public debate.

ell

phhtppp....considering how simple the question was...and how simple the answer was (even for simple little ol' me....) if anyone read any farther then post #8 thinking there was some more hidden magic in that thread, then they deserved whatever they got..... :p

My problem was with the person who complained...and how it was done.

Martin is the last person who should complain about spam.....

I've said all I'm going to say about this subject....

Have a great weekend ya'll.... :D

Motokid said:
I do see what you are saying, Moto, and I agree with you, but I think that the only reason Halo responded was because it was a direct request from a member of the boards. I don't think that Halo is the bad guy here for doing her job.

Oh, and by the by.

A reasonable request was made, and a moderator gave it some thought and made a decision. C'est la vie. Deal with it.

Now kill it.

I already pm'd a Mod some hours ago.

Obviously there are some people around, who spam every thread they can get hold of and critisise every little piece of mod work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back