• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can someone please kill the spoiler thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin said:
Someone please kill this one, too.
I don't see why this one should be deleted.. it was a valid question made by a member of the boards - not spam. I'm sure some people will be interested in this thread to see how mods deal with member requests/complaints etc

Ice said:
Moto - The issue with the spam was merely the fact it was done in the Website Feedback, Help & Suggestions section.

Yep, that's what I said, and now Ice has said it too. I seem to spend half my time here moving threads, usually from various forums to Booksearch because it is the more appropriate forum for what has been posted. I still can't believe the big deal being made over this.

To risk opening another can of worms, there seems to be an inference that I acted because the request came from Martin, who, because he is an ex-mod, automatically has all his forum requests granted. This is not the case. The request was considered and in this case I decided to do what was asked. Plenty of other people have asked me to close/split/merge/alter threads, and these requests have also been considered and acted on or not acted on as the situation warranted. It is nothing to do with who does the requesting.

I realised a long time ago that you can't please all the people all the time, or even some of the people any of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back