• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

CellPhone

We have a Trac-Phone with no power cord, a low battery, and 7.3 units left..anyone want it? Our second dd "borrowed" the thing several weeks ago, and when I asked(ok, demanded) it back for this weekend, she brought minus the cord..says she can't find it. It's junk anyway. We'll never buy this brand again. The website is awful, and when you push the button to finish activating the time, it suddenly can't find the server..so when you go back, it isn't clear if the transaction went through. So you use the phone number to talk to a service rep..and it's busy..repeatedly. When you finally get a real person, they have a script, and they are not native speakers of English, and get huffy when you try to explain the situation..Did I mention we won't buy another tracfone???:mad:

Oh my goodness, abecedarian! Go with TMobile! That's what I have and I don't have any complaints. Usually you can sniff out a deal where you get the phone for free if you buy a contract with minutes, and TMobile gives you quite a few anytime minutes which is nice. My actual phone is a Motorola and I don't have any complaints about that either :)

Where I live is on the outer edges of service for most companies around here. We had Verizon a few years ago, and couldn't call from out here. Sometimes our local phone company just shuts down..sometimes for at least a day..imagine what might happen if someone suffers a heart attack and can't call 911 on either the regular OR a cell phone!

abecedarian said:
Where I live is on the outer edges of service for most companies around here. We had Verizon a few years ago, and couldn't call from out here. Sometimes our local phone company just shuts down..sometimes for at least a day..imagine what might happen if someone suffers a heart attack and can't call 911 on either the regular OR a cell phone!
Ah, I see. I guess I'm spoiled with my service, I've lived near fairly large cities/towns for my whole life.

Mine is teeny and black.
I never use it.
The only voice it plays is my wife asking for money.
PS It's Nokia
Peder

CDA said:
i've got a silver and black one. it has buttons.
Mine has buttons, too! 1 - 9, a zero, and a few others with cool pictures on them... like tic-tac-toe and a star. I keep pushing the End key, but the end never comes.

hm i've actually not used my cell phone in a while. i barely do in the first place; only to speak with my mom. my mom broke hers therefore stole mine. its a nokia something or another, verizon. not the best but i've had worse. i suppose i was excited about it since it actually had txt messeges.

Back