• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Challenge: Write a Short Story in a Week

Thank God I'm not the only one doing it.... the challenge I mean. Sparhawk you rock. Peder keep the poetry coming, you don't have to write a short story if that's not your forte.

TITLE: TAMING OF THE SNAPS
AUTHOR: SPARHAWK
WORD COUNT: 4691 (just shy of 5000)

CRITIQUE WELCOME (but be nice - first time 'publishing')

Text file attached.

Synopsis:

Taming of the Snaps is a story for younger readers about what happens when Alfred is entrusted with the care of his mother's prizewinning garden for the first time, while his parents are away.

Attachments

• TAMING OF THE SNAPS.txt
    24.9 KB · Views: 4
Well done Sparhawk, congratulations! I will attempt to read and give you a review in the coming days. Thanks for participating.:)

Thanks, but I'm a closet writer, not even hubby sees my dreadful grammar.:) I'll just stick to reviewing your work. I can dish it out, but I can't take it :)

afiles.myopera.com_baby2u_albums_423302_thumbs_frecher_kerl.jpg_thumb.jpg

Thank God I'm not the only one doing it....

amydailyminefielddotcom.files.wordpress.com_2012_03_smiley.jpg

You raised expectations and now you let me down

th_CryingSmiley.gif

Yes, yes I am. :)
I'm very sorry Sparhawk, I feel really guilty now. I have over 40 stories, I've written laying dormant in the recesses of my laptop, doomed by my extreme fear of others seeing them. I can't get over it - sorry. Just know that it's there waiting for me to build up the courage to let others see it.:oops:

Yes, yes I am. :)
I'm very sorry Sparhawk, I feel really guilty now. I have over 40 stories, I've written laying dormant in the recesses of my laptop, doomed by my extreme fear of others seeing them. I can't get over it - sorry. Just know that it's there waiting for me to build up the courage to let others see it.:oops:

Yes, well. I understand that fear, and now tend to be more careful about what I post on this forum. People's memories can last quite a while around here. So, while I might say: "You only die once," as a form of encouragement, my bottom line advice would be to do only what you feel comfortable doing, and not feel guilty about holding back.

yes but with conditions:

a. that I'm not the only one to stupid/brave enough to post my effort

b. wider parameters. perhaps a wider field will encourage more people to enter. 5 000 words in a week is daunting.

c. there is comment?

PS would love some feedback on my story. first time publishing anything, would love some response.

Sounds good to me Sparhawk, I promise the next time I will post my efforts even if I look like an idiot to the rest of the class.
Wider parameters, how about minimum of 100 words and include poetry, short story, an advertisement layout for something or an article style layout. If you can think of others we'll include them as well.
I will review your short story by "conversation" and post a comment on the thread when I'm done, sound alright. I will endevour to have it done sometime today and will post when my kids are in bed later tonight. :) Looking forward to it.

K

no more of an idiot than I or any of the rest of peeps that post. ya just gots ta grab da bull by da horns and it does get better the more you show people your work :)

Okay, okay... but the next one. I finally finished a critique for you. It's attached, it's two fold though, the attached file is pdf of your original story with highlights and comments attached, but the actual critique I will post to you privately.
K:)

Attachments

• TAMING OF THE SNAPS by Sparhawk Book&Reader - Crit by Summerflyte.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 1
Ok, so I tried to leave a comment on your profile page, but for some reason I can't even get a message on there, so I'll just start a 'conversation' and put it all there. Please don't hate me. :)

Back