• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Challenge: Write a Short Story in a Week

Summerflyte,
Not exactly within your challenge parameters, but this morning I had the the thought and the urge and decided to get it out while it was fresh. You'll find the result as Wallet elsewhere in the Writers Room. Feel free to comment, along with all others in the spirit of The Writers Room. All comments gratefully received.

Alright then....I promised to submit this time, so I'm in too then. Just didn't want to do it by myself. Want to start with the random words? Are there any new rules you want to add? Any more parameters?

Hmmm nothing except what I suggested before which was that anything go's. Maybe let's also say that you only have to use one of the words suggested as your theme?

Sounds good to me.......Random words?This time you can choose the Random words we actually use to make it more interesting :) My contribution:
1. accurst - Under a curse.
2. ailurophobia - A morbid fear of cats.
3. grapheme - A written symbol that is used to represent speech.
4. xiphoid - Shaped like a sword blade.
5. gibbousness - Something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings.

Avast with you accurst fool with your ailurophobia
the gibbousness of the moon doth not upset the cat
thy xyphoid graphemes doth annoy
inscribe thy treasure map elsewhere

;) ;) ;)

Bumfuzzle - confuse; perplex; fluster

snickersee - a. to engage in the cut and thrust of a knife fight b. a large knife.

oh dear I think I need to pay more attention to what is in front of me. I didn't know that I was supposed to choose the words.

Words are (now that I know what I'm supposed to be doing):

1. Bumfuzzle - confuse; perplex; fluster
2. bibliophage - one who devours books, literally or figuratively
3. grapheme - A written symbol that is used to represent speech.
4. xiphoid - Shaped like a sword blade.
5. Finnimbrun - A trinket or knick-knack

Rules:

1. Choose one or more of these words as your theme.

2. Write something. Write anything! With words!

3. Length and style irrelevant.

4. You have one week.

The clock starts now!

Will do, give a bit of time though... New challenge? Do we have any competitors?

I'm afraid I'm out this time around. Stories don't come that quickly to me but, more important, I want to get back to my memoir. My participation in BAR has been rising despite my stated intention to cut it back to lower levels. Maybe this is not news worth a post, but I post it anyway to bolster my resolve to show up less around here.

BCNU
from time to time
Peder

I'm afraid I'm out this time around. Stories don't come that quickly to me but, more important, I want to get back to my memoir. My participation in BAR has been rising despite my stated intention to cut it back to lower levels. Maybe this is not news worth a post, but I post it anyway to bolster my resolve to show up less around here.

BCNU
from time to time
Peder

ai and I was just getting to know you :( :(

there was no restriction on this BTW - write whatever grabbed your fancy, any length, any format.

Back