• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Challenge: Write a Short Story in a Week

TRAGEDY STRUCK! I did have a story and was moving it from one device to another when it vanished into thin air. So no story but plot summary:

Guy on a Sunday, normal life, wants some breakfast, ends up on a strange planet, in his pajamas and fluffy slippers, gets chased by a monster with far too many tentacles and eyeballs. Finds map. Finds kitchen door again. Gets back home, minus a slipper and his pajamas will never be the same again. The End.

TRAGEDY STRUCK! I did have a story and was moving it from one device to another when it vanished into thin air. So no story but plot summary:

Guy on a Sunday, normal life, wants some breakfast, ends up on a strange planet, in his pajamas and fluffy slippers, gets chased by a monster with far too many tentacles and eyeballs. Finds map. Finds kitchen door again. Gets back home, minus a slipper and his pajamas will never be the same again. The End.

A good quick read. :D

next three words that come into your mind ... quick don't think ... just write them down. The more random and crazy the better :)

Easy peasy is not pleasy!

I have gone through the challenges in the thread. To summarize, ten random words (real toughies), random words (again jaw breakers for me) with one of them as the theme, setting/emotion, random words/ weather/ mythical creatures have all been done.

How about we pick up a story, a well known story and break it at a critical point. The challenge would be to complete it.

How does that sound?

Back