• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Changes to the site

My main concern - I haven't been around since the changes, until today - is that there's no way to get to the forum index from the home page! The drop-down style button on the top bar which says "Forums" doesn't do anything when I click it... So I have to use one of the specific forum buttons down the left side, say Fiction, go in there and then use the links on that forum to get back to the forum index. One way around this would be, as someone else already intimated, reinstating the New Posts button onto the home page.

Oh and I agree with Miss Shelf about the warnings log being on every post you make - better to have it on one's profile page only. Even at 0%, it carries an air of "no warnings ... yet, so count yourself lucky."

Shade said:
My main concern - I haven't been around since the changes, until today - is that there's no way to get to the forum index from the home page!

If you look in the text at the center of the page there is a link to the forums. I hope this is what you are looking for.

mehastings said:
If you look in the text at the center of the page there is a link to the forums. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks mehastings i never knew that was there!
I was doing the same as shade!:)

Well, I've read what I could find that people have said about the "warning", and I still don't understand what it is. I've been away a while so perhaps I missed a key explanation. Who's being warned about what? What causes a change from our "no warning logs" status?

Thanks for any help.

Nancy

Nancy said:
Well, I've read what I could find that people have said about the "warning", and I still don't understand what it is. I've been away a while so perhaps I missed a key explanation. Who's being warned about what? What causes a change from our "no warning logs" status?

It is a way to track how many warnings you have received for violating the membership agreement. As far as I know it is simply a way for warnings to be tracked in an organized manner. The current warning policy is:

2.8 The Book Forum operates a "three-strikes" policy. Unfortunately, in an online community of our size, there will ocassionally be the need for the site administrators to take action against a member for continued non-compliance with the rules and guidelines of this site. "Three Strikes & You’re Out" simply means that you are given three "chances" before your account is disabled. Two official warnings will come from site moderators, and will state the offense and ask politely that you adhere to site guidelines. The third note will be from the site admininstrator and will result in a permanent, irreversible ban from the site.

Oh ok - thanks for the explanation. Guess I'd better re-read the agreement, though, just to be sure I toe the line. Appreciate the help.
Regarding the Red Sox note at the bottom of your post ------ and then there are the Braves fans - woe is us.

Nancy

Back