• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Changes to the site

RobertFKennedy

I see we now have titles, I have a thing on the right hand side of my screen which says "Warn 0%" and when I come onto the forum it doesnt offer me all new posts anymore.

what does the warn 0% thing means and whats the purpose and function of the changes?

cheers,

We're thinking about implementing a new warning system and that counter will keep track of where you're at.

Thanks Darren.

is that how many warning individuals have had? Is it still 3 strikes I take it? not that I'm going to be out of line or anything just curious.

what about the "reputations" function where people can respond positively or otherwise to posts in a limited way. Not sure if I'm being clear. Do you know what I mean?

and how come we don't have the new posts option when we come onto the forum now?

RobertFKennedy said:
and how come we don't have the new posts option when we come onto the forum now?
You still do, but they're not on the first page now. Not sure if Darren is still customising things (you'll note that the Currently Reading line is not back yet, but it will be soon - see post here).

If you want to access New Posts look up at the top horizontal toolbar in front of you now. It's the 5th one from the left between Calendar and Search.

Robert - the new posts option is still there.

Does your page not look like the one below?

newposts0br.jpg

If you come in via the Home Page, then just click on the link The Forums, then click New Posts.

HTH

For my fifteen-hundredth post, I would just like to say I like the upgraded forum, including the "warning percentage function" thingy. The formatting toolbars also look a little different. Overall the site looks a little cleaner... or am I just imaginging things?

The site definately looks nicer with the search bar removed - overall I think that the new look is great! I really like the idea of the warning system too.

Ooh, flash new posting page too :)

Ummm... it doesn't seem like the tools are working for me... I've been having to type out my quote tags, etc... Is it just me? :eek:

Libra6Poe said:
Ummm... it doesn't seem like the tools are working for me... I've been having to type out my quote tags, etc... Is it just me? :eek:

Everything works for me-but I've lost the ability to hyper-link things.:(

Libra6Poe said:
Libra6Poe
No, it hasn't been just you. Right after the upgrade my bold and italic buttons had stopped working for several posts, but the manually inserted tags still did. Now those buttons are back to working. Strange goings on :confused:
Peder

Thanks SFG & Peder... I don't really understand why it's mine then.
Oops! nevermind! they're now working! Amazing! :)

I don't really care for the "warn" thingy myself. Seems a little...I don't know...threatening? Big-Brotherish? Eye-in-the-sky-ish? Do I need a graph showing me exactly how close to the envelope I'm pushing things?
Also, how do I get to my profile now? I used to be able to from the home page. I like to keep my "currently reading" up to date - and, I don't like my avitar and I want to change it.
Thanks

Thanks!
It is actually from a mural on the outside of a building, in Astoria Queens. I snapped a picture of it one day (actually 3 or 4 pictures that I then had to splice together - it was so wide). The avatar is one small segment of the mural. You should see the whole wall! Check it out...

http://marcfriedlander.com/images/SlidePhotos/wallArt_J_Hole.jpg

Cool, or what? If this is graffiti, than this guy is the DaVinci of graffiti artists!

posting off topic, I know. I don't care. :p
Wow Libre, that is one great mural! I really like the segment you chose for your avatar. ;)

on topic

Okay, I tried to edit my previous post to change "reall" to "really" and it wouldn't let me. Ugh. I would edit... then I clicked on "post reply"... and it would just make the typing screen thingie blank. <sigh>

Libra6: You've got to hit 'save' on the edit post window, rather than 'reply'. I buggered this up the first time too.

BTW, I like your new avatar too - where's it from?

Back