• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Chit Chat with me about whatever you want...

direstraits said:
I find that I'm growing fur behind my hands. I think I'm going to turn into a hamster.

ds

You must be very short! Or, are you going to turn into a giant hampster?

We just finished a week of vacation Bible school and the kids and I are all worn out. Tomorrow my oldest son is heading off to church camp, and the second eldest leaves for the same camp Sunday. I'm supposed to take a couple of kids over to grandma's to mow one last time before her auction June 24, and I'd rather have my teeth pulled that go over there. I'm stuck inthe middle of a terrific book, with a tall stack of library books waiting in line, but I just can't focus on anything like that.

Sorry Meg, but you asked...:eek:

abecedarian said:
We just finished a week of vacation Bible school and the kids and I are all worn out. Tomorrow my oldest son is heading off to church camp, and the second eldest leaves for the same camp Sunday. I'm supposed to take a couple of kids over to grandma's to mow one last time before her auction June 24, and I'd rather have my teeth pulled that go over there. I'm stuck inthe middle of a terrific book, with a tall stack of library books waiting in line, but I just can't focus on anything like that.

Sorry Meg, but you asked...:eek:

Don't be sorry. Sounds like you'll be short a few kids this weekend. I can overnight you another (just kidding) if you're interested. She can't mow, but she is fantastic at entertaining elderly people and comes with her own rainforest CD.

mehastings said:
Don't be sorry. Sounds like you'll be short a few kids this weekend. I can overnight you another (just kidding) if you're interested. She can't mow, but she is fantastic at entertaining elderly people and comes with her own rainforest CD.

Well, send her on! I didn't tell you which area I spent the last 5 day working in...yes, that's right, I had nursery duty. We had three babies the first day, but his mom found suspicious spots on his feet and in his mouth, so he was gone the rest of the time. So for the next 4 days, another mom and I played with these incredibly handsome little guys and took them on numerous stroller rides. See, they got cranky being all cooped up in the tiny little room..So we'd take them out for rides, all the time watching out for their moms and one of the dads..So, bring on Miss C-I'm prepared!

abecedarian said:
..So we'd take them out for rides, all the time watching out for their moms and one of the dads..

I'd much rather have someone taking my kids for stroller rides all day than sitting cooped in a tiny room.

I hope DS is doing OK. While I can sometimes come up with suggestions for minor ailments, I don't know much about turning into a [giant] hampster.

mehastings said:
I hope DS is doing OK. While I can sometimes come up with suggestions for minor ailments, I don't know much about turning into a [giant] hampster.

Yeah, sounds like we need to call Dr. Bombay to come right away:p He might not have always had a cure, but he was good for a few laughs anyay.

What is happening in your neck of the woods?

Well, since you asked . . .
For the most part, when I am not working at one thing or another, I tend to find myself cruising through all the local thrift stores looking for books. After a very nice run of luck a couple of weeks ago, the lucky finds seem to be running out. (My last purchase was a hard to find 1st Ed. of The Killer Mountains for 75 cents - but it's a library discard, and much abused at that.)
Other than that, I'm just coping with allergies and soon to be 40 year old knees. Lugging furniture around is finally catching up to me, I guess.

You said anything:

I'm overworked and overtired. I need a massage. I also want a personal reader. This would be a very smart person that would read every single book I was reading at the exact same time then would be available to talk to me about the book 24 hours a day until I was finished.

I'm also planning a trip to Vegas, my first.

Yup that's about it> :p

sirmyk said:
This morning I was so tired, I put my steel-toe boots on the wrong feet.

I hear you! The other evening I was reading aloud to the kids from the first Lemony Snicket book, and I was so bleary-eyed I misread the name Strauss and called her Struthers-which is the name of friends of ours. Of course the kids thought it was incredibly funny:rolleyes:

I feel your pain Dont. I have allergies and I'm seriously considering having my eyes removed. I had an allergy test done last summer, but I'm just too lazy and have no desire to get a shot every week to solve the problem.

mehastings-I'm doing some summer work which is really fun, I now work for a new school and things are awesome. How's the little one?

direstraits said:
I find that I'm growing fur behind my hands. I think I'm going to turn into a hamster.

ds

DS - it's just like our fantasy-novel!!! Are you maybe a reincarnation of Snuffles??!!??

Sweden is WARM today, about 25 degrees or something. And it's sunny! And of course I'm working! I'm usually unemployed these days, but of course not today when the weather is lovely, oh no, only on rainy days. I'm not bitter. Not at all. Maybe I should post this on the "I had a bad day thread"? ;)

I've found myself wishing for a sinus transplant..or something...anything to get rid of the pain, pressure, and itch-and I DO take shots and all sorts of meds!

SFG75 said:
I feel your pain Dont. I have allergies and I'm seriously considering having my eyes removed. I had an allergy test done last summer, but I'm just too lazy and have no desire to get a shot every week to solve the problem.

Occlith said:
Wwoooooooooooww... the hampsterDance has evolved a lot since my last visit. It was 5 years ago when I first got the internet. I was new to cyberspace and it was totally funny to see all these hampsters jumping all around the screen with there original track. It was only one page. Now, it’s a complete website with tracks and cards and lots of things. Well, what can I say... the world has moved on ...

direstraits said:

ds

ds, get your butt over to the fantasy story, it needs resurrecting - you're just suffering from withdrawal symptoms, that's all :rolleyes: :D

Back