• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Collaborative stories

Hi there, quick question

Are you interested in creating a 'collaborative story' in the writers section? You write a few paragraphs, then some other forum member chimes in advancing the plot for a bit, then someone else posts etc. Think of it like telling stories around the campfire, with everyone participating.

For the first time in the history of literature authors from around the globe have instantaneous reaction to their writing. It is more powerful than if they were sitting in the same room because they are not; they only have their creative spark to respond to what somewhat else crafts.

HEY! You stole my idea! lol

I was going to suggest this but you beat me to it :)

Yes, you can count me in!!!!

Regards
Sillywabbit

Was going to start it in the writers section sometime.

Anyone have any preference as to genre/type of story?

Need to hammer out a few rules -

eg don't kill off a long established character that someone's spent ages developing without permission (use the PM system). Suddenly dropping an anvil on his head for example sort of ruins it for the author of that particular character.

There's a few others to hammer out - sooner we do that, the sooner we can start.

Why have rules??? Where is the fun in that?

Can't we just go with the flow? :) It will be more fun and the results will be more unpredictable and intresting. One moment it is horror then next soap opera!

What do you all think?

Regards
Sillywabbit

I agree with both of you ...

I think Fluffy Bunny has a point about killing off well-developed characters. Should be a no-no.

That said, a bit of anarchy is always nice, especially if that results in the blending of several genres.

But it's Fluffy Bunny's idea, so it's up to him.

Cheers, Martin :D

So, anything goes except killing off other peoples characters, yes??

Sounds fair to me!!

Besides, nobody said anything about not torturing them a little :D

Phil

Of course you can kill him/her, but just be sure to ask in advance. Maybe the person that 'invented' that character has big plans. A PM will suffice.

Nothing much - you killed off my attempt to start it up so poo you and im not doing it again :p

Phil

Well, I'm serious, actually. I'd love to do this, wouldn't you?

Nice siggy, by the way, Phil.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

I PM'ed Fluffy Bunny about this a couple of days back, actually :) I asked if he still wanted to do this and if not could I take it over and start it up again? He said that I could take it up as he did not really have the time.

SO... Guess you should all sign up below lol

I'm in, obviously.
Martin, your in.

Any other takers? :) Come on everybody! It will be fun!

Couple of rule suggestions.

1) We have a set order to post in and each take our turn. That way we can be sure that it won't be TOO big a mess :D

2) FOR JUST THIS ONCE!!! No spamming the story thread lol

3) No other rules other than the two above :D

Those rules ok with everybody? Any suggestions for other rules?

Regards
SillyWabbit

The rules of Write Club:
  1. You do not talk about WRITE CLUB.
  2. You DO NOT talk about WRITE CLUB.
  3. Wait your turn.
  4. No shirts, no shoes.
  5. Writings will go on as long as they have to.
  6. If this is your first night at WRITE CLUB, you HAVE to write.

:D

Cheers, Martin

Well, we're not actually gonna do it in this thread, are we? I suggest we start a new thread in the 'Writer's Showcase' forum, if and when we have enough .. volunteers.

Back