• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Coloring books

SFG75

Anyone using these with their kids? At my house, we color them during the day and then I read it to them before they go to bed. Yes, perhaps I'm bragging, do forgive-they are something else. :D We have only a few of these books, but the kids do enjoy their time coloring and night-night reading.

100_0656smallrpic.jpg

You just wanted a chance to show us a picture of your kids ;)

My dog can't color, I don't have any other kids. No coloring at our house.

mehastings said:
You just wanted a chance to show us a picture of your kids ;)

My dog can't color, I don't have any other kids. No coloring at our house.

O.k., I must plead guilty to the charge of bragging. :eek: :D Nothing wrong with coloring, I guess that I do it to an extent. I for one, love to doodle on the margins of the morning paper and add shading to the sunday cartoons that run. Perhaps that isn't "coloring" per se, but I think to some extent, we don't grow out of that kind of thing.

I received a Harry Potter coloring book just yesterday from my aunt as a going back to college gift... hee hee. And it had free tatoos in it. So, me and my two cousins (one is 19 like me and the other is 15) we covered my four year old cousin with harry potter tatoos. Needless to say that her mother wasn't happy that she was supposed to start school today. ;)

I've changed my opinions on coloring books over the years. When we first started having kids, I was opposed to them. Not that I didn't allow them if someone gave them to the kids, I just have never encouraged them. I like to give them blank paper and let them create whatever they want. But over the last few years, I've softened my views a bit, because I've realized the soothing effects coloring can have.. I still don't buy lots of coloring books, but I download lots of coloring sheets off the net, and will sit down with the kids and color now and then just because it's fun.

abecedarian said:
I've changed my opinions on coloring books over the years. When we first started having kids, I was opposed to them. Not that I didn't allow them if someone gave them to the kids, I just have never encouraged them. I like to give them blank paper and let them create whatever they want. But over the last few years, I've softened my views a bit, because I've realized the soothing effects coloring can have.. I still don't buy lots of coloring books, but I download lots of coloring sheets off the net, and will sit down with the kids and color now and then just because it's fun.

I've seen a few sites where you can do that, way to go!. We don't have a whole lot of them either. The kids have a Barney and more recently, a Scooby-Doo coloring book. These books have changed since I was a kid though-they have kids match heads to bodies and that kind of thing, trying to get them to do more higher level thinking than just coloring. I'm not certain how well that works on average, but it is a good change.

abecedarian said:
Have you seen the sites with mandalas to color? I did a search and found some cool designs.

I'll be sure and do a google on that-thanks!. :)

I love colouring books and sheets. I have always bought them for my kids and have never been against them. They are good for developing fine motor skills. Both my kids love to colour and draw and I don't blame them. I love it, too. It is good for the soul, very soothing. :p :D

I also copy pictures for the kids at school to colour as well, when we are doing certain things they sometimes like to have pictures to go with it, and believe it or not, even high school kids still like to colour, although, I must admit that I do put a lot more effort into my pictures then they do their's. :)

Back