• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

come here baby!

Are you staying on to do your Masters then Martin? I considered it (we'll I was going to do a four year MEng) but opted for the 3 yr BSc instead. I didn't want to mess it up in my last year (all the fourth year topics were the ones I didn't take for my third year because I wasn't interested in them :rolleyes: ) I'm still considering doing an MSc though, maybe part time if nothing else, also thinking of doing another degree (also part time, though I can't find the one I want that allows for part time students :( ) I can't afford to take another three years out studying, I already have a £10,000 student loan to start repaying :(

I'm definitely staying on for my Master's - it's just one year extra, and a Master's degree is worth so much more than a Bachelor's degree on the market.

Plus, I like to study. If I could, I would study indefinitely, finishing one study and starting a new one up asap!

Cheers, Martin

Will you get two separate degrees then? With the MEng I was only going to get the one, though if I do an MSc, i'll be BSc MSc - just have to find one to do, the ones offered at my uni were too similar to modules of my bachelors so I wasn't allowed to take them :( We'll I was but only if I took modules I hated and had no interest in :(

I'll only get one degree. When I get my Master's, my Bachelor's will kinda get upgraded ..

.. I think.

Cheers, Martin

Ah ok. Over here (someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :) ) we tend to use the term MSc to mean a one year course. If anyone does a straight four year course they tend to get an MSci or an MEng (though this is in scientific subjects, not too sure if its the same in the Arts - does anyone know?)

I don't about the arts, but it's that way for the sciences. If you do a masters first degree then the name is changed to reflect it. I have an MBiochem, which just sounds silly. My mate has an MChem, which is equally daft sounding to my ears. And if you do the whole thing in one go it does just count as the one degree, rather than a BSc and an MSc.

How odd I didn't know this :/ I'll be doing my last year of my plain old BA next year, to be fair I haven't really thought too much about where I'm going after that. I might have to become a Grown Up. Very frightening prospect.

Nah, dont worry, me and Ice finished ours a year ago and we still havnt grown up!!

And i dont intend too ..... ever !! Mwahahahaha :)

Phil

PS: Oh, hi weird Spanish spamming guy!! :D

phil_t said:
Nah, dont worry, me and Ice finished ours a year ago and we still havnt grown up!!

And i dont intend too ..... ever !! Mwahahahaha :)

Phew :) But did you have to get Real Jobs?

Litany said:
I have an MBiochem, which just sounds silly. My mate has an MChem, which is equally daft sounding to my ears.

Litany, where did your friend get her MChem? A friend of mine studied a straight four year pure Chemistry degree but got a MSci.

I guess it may depend on where you studied.

Real Jobs?? God good no!! Ive got a crappy temporary working in warehouse job!! No using your degree to get a decent job here, no way!!

Phil :D

Oh dont start her off on that, she'll get all proud and smiley and boastful!! :D

But im not going to tell you, i get in trouble for stuff like that - wait til she gets here! :)

Phil

El Saomo said:
la joke of day!
why do men have always have a saying for jerkin off, but women do not?
girls, girls. dont be ashamed of it, your just"gettin off", "playin with yourself" "foolin around", "finding your nemos", "playing with your bean". haha looping lucy!
i got a so many sayings for it....[/QUOTE

anyone realize what he had said.....i mean omg!

Ice said:
Litany, where did your friend get her MChem? A friend of mine studied a straight four year pure Chemistry degree but got a MSci.
He did it at Bath. I know Bath likes to name its degree as close to whatever Oxford and Cambridge are up to at any particular time. It's how I ended up with the MBiochem. We did two six month placements, rather than one full year. Went off for our 2nd year placements all doing a BSc, and we came back and we were doing a masters.

Back