• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Comedian George Carlin passes away

SFG75

It's a sad day as it has been announced that comedian George Carlin has passed away. His stand up routines pushed the envelope in regards to censorship and one of them led to a historic U.S. case regarding what could or could not be said over the airwaves. He also wrote a ton of books. Of those, I've read, and loved, Braindroppings and When Will Jesus bring the porkchops? The latter is perhaps the best one of the two IMHO.

:sad:

We just watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures(again) yesterday. Remember his 'Things You Can't Say on TV' album(remember record albums?!? My cousin just had to have this record, and when he played it for his mom, she told him he could keep it, but "Just don't play it for Vicki!"

:whistling:You can guess what happened the next time I was at their house!

I used to love listening to his albums. I was fortunate to see him live on stage when I was in Charleston, SC in the last 70s.

This is very sad news.

My favorite Carlin quote is: Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

I loved his comparison of football and baseball. That was hilarious.

I always thought that he was a great orating genius. I think he used comedy to get his point across instead of actually trying to be a comedian. It's debatable; but that's my stance on things. To me, he's still a comedic genius nonetheless.

Back