• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cormac McCarthy: No Country For Old Men

Hasn't this book been made into a film??? I seem to recall the film winning lots at the Oscars but I haven't seen it advertised anywhere???

Then I have to wonder how hard you've looked, as it has indeed won a ton of Oscars, played quite well in theatres (it premiered in the US in November), received rave reviews everywhere, had its actors featured in talk shows and magazines, came out on r1 DVD in March, and... well, just about everything that a major motion picture does, really.

I really enjoyed the movie. As soon as i finished the movie, I went and picked up the book. I have since finished sunset limited, and Blood meridian. I am just starting All the pretty horses. Blood meridian was great, but i'm still unsur about what happened that last chapter (and epilogue), anyone have any thoughts on the ending?

So has it already been out at the cinema??? I live in the UK and don't recall seeing it so presumed it maybe hadn't reached us yes but i may have just missed it altogether!

So has it already been out at the cinema??? I live in the UK and don't recall seeing it so presumed it maybe hadn't reached us yes but i may have just missed it altogether!
It came out in the UK in January. It's been, it's gone. You missed it. How on earth you could do that, however, is another thing given the amount of ads for it. Bus stops up and down the country, billboards, and television adverts.

Back