• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Court room dramas

SFG75

Currently reading Shadow of a Doubt by William Coughlin. This is a popular fiction book and picked it out solely due to it's cover(a weakness, I know) With that being said, it's a very captivating read and it's very hard to put down. It's and underdog story of a formerly suspended lawyer who lands a first degree murder case of a woman's daughter suspected of killing her father. You have excellent gum-shoes who strung out a confession, as well as a pompous D.A. with eyes set on washington, what more do you need?

What's your favorite court battle books? :cool:

Without a doubt, my favourite has to be Scott Turow's Presumed Innocent. A prominent lawyer gets accused of a murder of his mistress, and undergoes the trial of his life, for his life. Utterly absorbing, with believable characters for whom you actually care about and a very satisfying resolution to the whole case. Wonderful stuff. Totally different from, and is so much more compelling, than John Grisham.

ds

Thanks for the advice

I've seen just about every Grisham movie there is, can't say that I've ever read any of his books though. You ever notice that your TBR list only increases by the month here?:p I'll definitely have to check out Scott Turow. He did give a positive blurb in the book that I'm reading, so I presume that he is one of the better court-drama writers there are. Not certain when I'll get around to him, I'll have to make it a one-author/one-summer project or something.:D

I've read a couple of Grishams but seen more of his movies. I have to say that I liked the book version of The Firm than the movie - they changed quite a bit of things in the movie version, and that's always bad in my book.

My TBR has shot through the roof many months ago, and yes, this place is more than a tad responsible. :D

I've recently bought more of Turow, and looking forward to it (but don't know when, to be honest. Like you, I've got a couple of books in front of the queue).

ds

Back