• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
American Gods

Wynter,

Finished American Gods last week and quite enjoyed it. There are some interesting twists, so don't want to spoil it for you.

Ell

I'm somewhere on page 411 I think... I don't know what to say about it so far, but I can't wait to finish it. Maybe it'll all be over tonight.

At present I'm halfway through Shrike by Joe Donnelly. I don't usually read horror stories, because in my imagination all the gory scenes end up Pythonised and just make me laugh. I am, surprisingly, enjoying this book. The characters are well crafted and the descriptive passages scalpel sharp. The tension is slowly building, and I can almost feel the characters' nightmares.

I just started "Battlefield Earth" by L. Ron Hubbard. First book of his I ever tried and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have seen it many times and always passed over it escpecially after all the negative criticism over the film.

Stephen, please let us know your impressions of Beloved when you're finished.

I've thought to read it several times, but kept being put off by that "Oprah" sticker! ;)

I have decided I don't like Terl (the main Psychlo chacacter). He is purity rotten and evil. And he is driving me crazy with all his leverage, leverage. GRRRR!! I can not wait until Jonnie and all the humans take him down and all the other Psychlos!

Originally posted by Ell
Stephen, please let us know your impressions of Beloved when you're finished.

I've thought to read it several times, but kept being put off by that "Oprah" sticker! ;)

I gave up reading after about 100 pages. Could not find any interest in the story. :(

Might give it another try in a couple of months:)

Pi

Thanks. The review was very positive. I like the sound of it. I almost bought it after reading the first page a couple of months ago. Now I'm definitely getting hold of a copy.

Thanks book forum!

Heh!

By the way I just updated my site with shed loads of images and news stories if anyones interested. Its not very well designed yet, but bear with me. Ta.

Simon Singh's????? Most dreadful! Sorry here am speaking as professional person on the history of maths and of the mathematised sciences - Ok I ma aboring academic person in the history of something I cannot speak about without having fearful faces looking at me as if I was a geeky ghost and should not be slagging people off, but I cannot help it sometimes, specially when people spoil my favourite field. Have recently been told it is good professional attitude and helpful by accident.
As for my part:
Herbert's son's 'The Butlerian Jihad'
'll let you know

Morry :D

I've just started Dean Koontz's "By the Light of the Moon", but I've only read two chapters so it's too early to comment! I usually like his work though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back