• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolhay said:
Jag lånade nyss tre böcker av bröderna Strugatskij. "Picknick vid vägkanten", "Måndag börjar på lördag" och "svårt att vara gud".

Filmen "Stalker" av regissören Tarkovskij är löst baserad på "Picknick vid vägkanten".

Ok, he just borrowed three books by the Strugatskij brothers...

The film Stalker is based on the film, directed by Tarovskij ... Picnic by the road.

Do I win? :D

No, 'cos you haven't said the titles of the other two books, and I did the last bit for you using just my vast intelligence, and you obviously cheated. :D

Monday Starts Saturday is my guess, and Hard to be God? :p I did not cheat, thankyou very much. Jag = I; tre = three (also he names 3 titles); böcker = book; av = looks a bit like 'of'; bröderna = brother etc etc. It's amazing the little bits you pick up from talking to random people on the interweb.

Oh alright, then, you won. Anything to stop you throwing a strop. :p So, name your prize, Freya! (Can't guarantee you'll receive it mind, but there's nowt to stop you naming it). :D

Edit: "gud" might be "good", not "god"?

A million pounds of what? Chocolate? Flapjack? Mouse droppings? Vampire bats? (you don't get many of them to the pound y'know) :)

Okey dokey. You do realise that as this was a virtual competition, it will be a million pounds of virtual flapjack? Right, just off to my virtual Tesco. Back later. :)

Well, you can go through and analyse the content of my posts if you like, and then present us with some sort of pie chart?

I'm mostly surprised that you could translate "lördag" without cheating since there's no similarity in any other language except the scandinavian as far as I know.

Privatjokr said:
Just finished Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands by Stephen King last night so today I'm going to start Roses are Red by James Patterson.

Yes, I do have trouble getting through one series at a time...

I can't get through one series at a time at all. I have to break them up with at least one book between each installment or else I get tired of it. I even have to do it with series as short as a trilogy.

Yeh I confess, my friend did two of the titles for me. Couldn't find them, or make sense of them, only the first one I put in my first post. :eek:

Anyone else want to write random little bits in a foreign language so I can spend the afternoon trying to make sense of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back