• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've translated the following from a German song so it might not be entirely proper.

Ständig mild men med våld
Träng ditt svärd i mig
Förhoppningen, hon är död
En gestalt, inte längre du
Så kallt som stål blänker
Utan en känsla

Natt fullgör nu detta rummet
Ditt ljus, det bländar mig
Du talar som död till mig
utstuderad ur livsdrömmen
från en främmande makt
i detta rum

allt det jag trodde
vad jag min förhoppning gav
gick med dig på den dagen
när för mig livet dör
min tro på kärleken
det som någon gång gav
gick med dig på den dagen
när för mig kärleken dör

kallaste vintern skapar sig rum
där förut vårknoppar blommar
i evighet, förstör drömmen
ett hav fryst till is

det lever inte längre på denna plats
det min själ kallar
kraften, förhoppningen, hon är borta
och kommer aldrig mer tillbaka

med mitt blod på dina händer
talar du som död till mig
låter mig här bittert dö

Does anyone recognize the lyrics?

The german version is titled "99 Luftballons". If you translated that title to Swedish it would be "99 luftballonger".

Back on topic. I am starting The Once and Future King by T. H. White tonight. I took a peek into If on a Winters Night a Traveler and I really want to read that one now, but The Once and Future King is due back at the library next week.

Good choice with The Once and Future King it was a great read! :)
Tonight i'm starting to read Island in the Sea of Time by S.M. Sterling one of my co-workers at waldenbooks gave it to me to read.

Gizmo said:
Emma by Jane Austen

I bought this one, so it better be good! :D

Its pretty good, but definitely not up to P&P standards. I think you'll like it better than you liked <u>Sense and Sensibility</u>. I liked S&S, but I agree that it was no where near P&P.

A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. This is the first Bryson book I've read and I am really enjoying it. He is very witty.

Prior to this I read Wuthering Heights. I have told myself that I cannot profess to be a lover of books unless most of the classics can be ticked off. I still have rather a few to go but I'm getting there.

Folly

Yeah, I am enjoying it very much! I started last last night about 12:00 I think it was and told myself I would just dip into it but ended up reading till 1:30am :D

So far very good :)

The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy

Miss Mitten complained to Baby Kochmamma about Estha's rudeness, and about their [the twin's] reading backwards. [..]
They were made to write In future we will not read backwards. In future we will not read backwards. A hundred times. Forwards.
A few months later Miss Mitten was killed by a milk van in Hobart, across the road form a cricket oval. To the twins there was a hidden justice in the fact that the milk van had been reversing.
So far I've read 88 out of 339 pages and it is gorgeous! The language is so beautiful and the book is full of smells and sounds. The descriptions are awesome and the story is pretty much told from the viewpoint of a kid with a brilliant mind. :D

Gizmo said:

So far I've read 88 out of 339 pages and it is gorgeous! The language is so beautiful and the book is full of smells and sounds. The descriptions are awesome and the story is pretty much told from the viewpoint of a kid with a brilliant mind. :D

This reminded me of:
"Et tu, Kochu Maria? Then fall, Estha!" :D

It's a brilliant book, you'll enjoy every page of it. ;)

Gizmo said:

I started this in England last week and brought it home, so now I'm toggling with another book.

I agree completely. Such a vivid, expressive voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back