• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rew said:
Started reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I'm gripped so far!

I'm impressed at the factual knowledge the book provides but I have to say that you just can't put a GPS device into a device the size of a watch battery!

I read The Da Vinci Code some time ago (and it is a great book) and bought the book Holy Grail Holy Blood which is recommended in the story and said to give further explanations to the story of the Holy Grail and the Catholic Church. Unfortunatley it was quite dissapointing. The explanations are really long and I was always waiting for the point in all this, but it never came. Don't buy this book!!!

At the moment I'm reading Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood and I love it! :D :D :D

recently finished:

Tolstoy - Resurrection
Tolstoy - War And Peace
John Bunyan - The Pilgrim's Progress
Thomas More - Utopia
Truman Capote - In Cold Blood

nr: Mervyn Peake - Gormenghast

Finished the fantastic I Am Legend yesterday and started Neil Gaiman's American Gods today.

Cheers

Oryx and Crake

Always enjoy Margaret Atwood. Read the recommendation here in the Forum and was really surprised to find the book in stock in our local library. Read it in one sitting. Superb. Speculation:
At the end, what happens next? Is there a confrontation with the group on the beach? Does the foot infection prove fatal? How long can the Crakers survive?
etc. etc.
Completely captivating characters and plot!

Martin said:
Finished the fantastic I Am Legend yesterday and started Neil Gaiman's American Gods today.

Cheers

Martin, how are you finding I Am Legend? I really want to read that one, after hearing so much about it.

What about American Gods? I have read that one and liked it. Is it your first exposure to Gaiman?

So many questions!

Wabbit, I started a thread on I Am Legend, right here. The short version of my point in the thread is; go read it, now! But read the thread anyway.

On American Gods - I'd heard so many good things about both the book and the author (and yes, it's my first exposure to Gaiman) that I just had to give this a read, and, sofar (about 140 pages in) I'm not disappointed yet. I love it; utterly readable and the main character is extremely likable.

Cheers

Just finished Chasm City by Alastair Reynolds (enjoyed it tremendously), moved on to Colours in the Steel (Pt. 1 of the Fencers Triology) by K.J. Parker.

After failing miserably to connect with Krishnamurti's "Freedom from the Known" (however, I did chuckle at thinking George Lucas had to have read this book in order to come up with "Yoda" in the "Star Wars" films), I've gone back to familiar territory and yesterday started "The Crying of Lot 49" by Pynchon. :)

Irene Wilde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back