• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isis said:
I'm reading:

The Language of Stones by Robert Carter.

It's based around historical events such as the Wars of the Roses and ancient British legends, but with a twist, as an ancient prophecy foretells the return of King Arthur.

This sounds like a book I would enjoy. How do you like it so far?

Just started Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code last night. (I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about.) I'm about ten chapters in and not overly impressed so far, I have to say!

Ms.bookworm said:
Currently reading; "Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell them", by Al Franken

i enjoyed this book. i had to read it for a political science class in combination with bill o'reilly's book. al franken is very funny. hope you enjoy it.

I'm currently reading Crime and Punishment and I'm loving it. It has too many interesting symbols and themes for me to explore. :)

Halo said:
Just started Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code last night. (I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about.) I'm about ten chapters in and not overly impressed so far, I have to say!

I got perhaps a little farther before Brown's writing techniques began to wear on me. The edge-of-your seat pace with the leave 'em hanging, snatch victory from the jaws of defeat formulas got pretty tiring, at least to me.

Never read a Dan Brown. I tend to dislike things that everybody likes. Never read a Harry Potter either. Too boring to stick with the crowd. The movie - that's a different story.

Eugen said:
Never read a Dan Brown. I tend to dislike things that everybody likes. Never read a Harry Potter either. Too boring to stick with the crowd. The movie - that's a different story.

Try Digital Fortress or Angels and Demons and you'll stick with the crowd forever. Also, I've heard that The Half-Blood Prince will be extremely terrific! :)

Also, I've heard that The Half-Blood Prince will be extremely terrific!
How would anyone except Miss Rowling know this?

It's like saying "I hear next wednesday's Orange Juice will be grand!".

Cheers

Martin said:
How would anyone except Miss Rowling know this?

It's like saying "I hear next wednesday's Orange Juice will be grand!".

Cheers

Rumours about the book have been spread worldwide! :)

Spread by fans, I imagine. So yes, rumour has it that it's brilliant.

Would they say anything else?

Cheers

I just finished A Girl Can Stand Up by Leslie Marshall. It's about a six-year old girl whose parents die in a freak accident in an amusement park. She's then raised by two uncles, one of whom is a transvestite. The humor is very droll, and the characters are all weirdly wonderful. Some reviewers thought it went on too long, but I disagree - I enjoyed it all the way to the end! (And now I miss them all...)

Im currently reading a book called "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintainence" by Robert M. Pirsig. It's a really great book. I've only read like 4 chapters but the really amazin part is that he analyses stuff that has to do with his motorcycle and turns them, so when he talks about his motorcycle and how to maintain it, you can see that he's actually analyzing life itselfs. :) Robert M Pirsig has a wonderful language i must add. :D

I just started....

to read The Light Phantastic by Terry Pratchett, i'm around page 90 and so far i really enjoy it and think it's a great funny read.

Le Morte D'Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory. Quite repetitive and inferior to the french versions but it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back