• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Curtain: Poirot's Last Case

Harry Sullivan

It's funny, but I've never really liked Poriot that much. (Miss Marple, Tommy and Tuppence being my favourite characters) But I re-read it recently and couldn't help but shed a tear. Here's hoping that the TV movie will do it justice.

On a side note, I actually find David Suchet's performance rather grating. I've got an idea if they start filming adaptations again: why not have Poriot receive a letter from a friend in Belgian making fun of his eccentric habits? That would keep Poriot faithful to character and still be respectful.

I'm really the exact opposite, Poirot is my favorite of Christie's characters, and I think Suchet is perfect as Poirot. :) I've watched many of the films in the series but was not aware of a film of the final story. Glad to hear of it, thanks for mentioning.

It's going to be in the 2011 season. *Sigh* So, it's a year away. Hopefully, they'll get Hugh Fraser to come back as Hastings and a good actor to play Norton (preferably someone unknown, I don't think it'd work otherwise)

I've just read on Wikipedia (sorry, new member, can't send the link) that Poriot may not be recommissioned for a 2011 season because of budget cutbacks at ITV and if it is recommissioned with a lower budget, it won't go ahead with Suchet's approval. Given that the series is pretty popular in the UK and abroad, I don't think it's too much of a worry. (Still got my fingers crossed, though)

I would be disappointed if David Suchet was not aboard for the new season. I have a hard time picturing anyone else in the role. I think he's perfect as Poirot.

Back