• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown: Angels And Demons

Rogue

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

That was a bad one. All the theories are great but the book is pathetic! Good theories don't make up the lack of a thrilling plot.:mad:
I really enjoyed the Da Vinci Code but Angels & Demons and Digital Fortress were just poor writing.

Prematurely finished Angels and Demons by Dan Brown for the time being due to the fact that it suddenly jumped from page 64 to 97. Most annoying !!

Cabrasopa :cool:

Angels and Demons

This is a book is written by Dan Brown. Has anyone else read this book Angels and Demons? I just could not get into this book very well. Did anyone else have this problem when they read it or did you enjoy it? I'm just curious to find out if anyone else could not get into this book like me :confused:

PS: This needs to go in General Book Discussion. Sorry about that :eek:

Interesting, although I've never read it, many of his fans seem to think that Angels and Demons is his best novel.

I didn't have any problems getting through Angels & Demons. I don't know about it being one of his best, but I do think Deception Point was his worse.

This is great. I feel like I can openly discuss Dan Brown without a public caining.

I think Angels and Demons was superior to The daVinci Code... at least more interesting, and offered more history, instead of just action, action, action...

sirmyk said:
This is great. I feel like I can openly discuss Dan Brown without a public caining.

I think Angels and Demons was superior to The daVinci Code... at least more interesting, and offered more history, instead of just action, action, action...
I agree Sirmyk.

I'd say Digital Fortess was his worst.

sirmyk said:

I've only read Angels and Demons & The Da Vinci Code, I thought Angels and Demons was the better of the two although there was quite a bit that was similiar about the two books.

Having just read Da Vinci Code, thought about reading Angels and Demons...but it looked like the same story under a different cover :)

Still might give it a go out of curiousity.

I've read Da Vinci code and am now reading Angels and Demons, I find they do seem pretty similar in plot but really liked Da Vinci code and am enjoying Angels and Demons.

I have also read Digital Fortress and liked that, I will read Deception Point soon.

I've only read his the da vinci code and angels and demons, thought they were both too formulaic and contained way too many 'cheap' cliffhangers.

saying that, whilst actually reading the books i did find it kinda hard to put them down. :eek:

Read Angels & Demons. Found it an easy read although I often wondered why he hadn't fired his editor who must be pretty hard on the sauce. I was more attracted to the plot and ideas in the book than Brown's method of portraying them. Most interesting part of Angels & Demons was that I got to read a copy that had been stolen from a prison library. Not by me of course. :eek: I just picked up Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco used for $4 which I have read, on here, is a good alternative to The Da Vinci Code.

ions said:
I just picked up Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco used for $4 which I have read, on here, is a good alternative to The Da Vinci Code.

It's more than an alternative. It may seem difficult at first but don't give up on it.

Stewart said:
It's more than an alternative. It may seem difficult at first but don't give up on it.

I read a few lines from the first page and it seemed like an awfully complicated way to talk about the stroke of a pendulum but I got my brain wrapped around it. :eek: Probably won't be a while until I get to it. But who knows maybe I'll pick it up sooner on a whim.

I've read four of Dan Brown's novels: Da vinci code, deception point, digital fortress, and angels and demons and I must say that angels and demons is by far my favorite, it's not as controversial as da vinci. I was sad when I found out that who the real villain was :( . (maybe because I'm a catholic)

Is Dan Brown catholic?

aube said:
I was sad when I found out that who the real villain was

Interesting that you should say that. Everyone else seems to be of the opinion that Brown is so predictable you can work out who the villain is when they are first introduced into the "narrative."

Stewart said:
Interesting that you should say that. Everyone else seems to be of the opinion that Brown is so predictable you can work out who the villain is when they are first introduced into the "narrative."

Dan Brown?

I kid! I jest! And make bad jokes. :D

aube said:
Is Dan Brown catholic?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, showing by the way that most of the Catholics want to do something rather un-Catholic to him, that no, he is not Catholic ;) :p

:D don't worry im not gonna do something "un-catholic" to him. :D I enjoy reading his books (the fact that i am catholic).

Back