1. Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown: Inferno

Discussion in 'General mystery discussion' started by Meadow337, May 30, 2013.

1. Roxbrough

Roxbrough Member

Currently Reading:
    Clive Barker - Mr. B Gone
    Absolutely.

2. Akshat Agrawal

Akshat Agrawal New Member

Well I liked Inferno but it was not as good as Davinci Code, Angels & Demons. Well I even liked Lost Symbol but in Inferno there was no sort of villain. Zobrist succeded in his mission and spread the virus to curb population. Langdon just spoke about details of monuments and art crafts but nothing that thrilling or exciting as the former books of Dan Brown

3. Meadow337

Meadow337 Former Moderator

What do you think of Zobrist's basic theory that art and culture and technology flower after a period of population control?

There are a number of proponents of population control - perhaps not through a world wide plague but certainly through other forms of sterilization and birth control (Take the time to look up the Eugenic theories of some of the early proponents of the right to choose movement) .

Or read the very short condensed version of the link between population control and fascism:

http://lpobryan.com/2013/05/21/the-dangerous-lie-in-dan-browns-inferno/

4. JonPunk

JonPunk New Member

It all struck me as rather contrived and a non ending really , very much an anti climax . I'd give it 5 out of 10 . Seemed to get Florence , Venice and Istanbul into the plot line for no real imaginative reason PLUS the baddie you never get toknow much about as he's already dead . Average .

5. member

member Member

I have not read this one yet but your remarks intrigue me to give it a try.

6. Juleeming

Juleeming New Member

An awful book. Every Langdon book gets worse and worse, recycling the same old cliches--old professor meets with younger protege gets chased by radical Christian extremists, and all sorts of trash-science mixed in. And this one was a shaggy dog story with no real point since the main "evil event" was never stopped.

7. Peder

Peder Well-Known Member

Well, I'm glad to see nothing has changed on the Dan Brown front.
    So I haven't missed anything.
    And needn't say more.