• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown: Inferno

I didn't sense any smugness. His ability to provide insight or at least make it look like he is providing insight, into European history, art, and even the life of the wealthy is interesting to read, for me. Going off on tangents of historical reference and so on, fine. The only problem I have is yes, it is the same formula book after book. But its still a good read. There are a lot worse out there to trudge through. His writing style is clear and vivid. I don't have any issue with it at all, although it doesn't transcend his norm and it stays within his boundries it seems.
Absolutely.

Well I liked Inferno but it was not as good as Davinci Code, Angels & Demons. Well I even liked Lost Symbol but in Inferno there was no sort of villain. Zobrist succeded in his mission and spread the virus to curb population. Langdon just spoke about details of monuments and art crafts but nothing that thrilling or exciting as the former books of Dan Brown

What do you think of Zobrist's basic theory that art and culture and technology flower after a period of population control?

There are a number of proponents of population control - perhaps not through a world wide plague but certainly through other forms of sterilization and birth control (Take the time to look up the Eugenic theories of some of the early proponents of the right to choose movement) .

Or read the very short condensed version of the link between population control and fascism:

http://lpobryan.com/2013/05/21/the-dangerous-lie-in-dan-browns-inferno/

It all struck me as rather contrived and a non ending really , very much an anti climax . I'd give it 5 out of 10 . Seemed to get Florence , Venice and Istanbul into the plot line for no real imaginative reason PLUS the baddie you never get toknow much about as he's already dead . Average .

I didn't sense any smugness. His ability to provide insight or at least make it look like he is providing insight, into European history, art, and even the life of the wealthy is interesting to read, for me. Going off on tangents of historical reference and so on, fine. The only problem I have is yes, it is the same formula book after book. But its still a good read. There are a lot worse out there to trudge through. His writing style is clear and vivid. I don't have any issue with it at all, although it doesn't transcend his norm and it stays within his boundries it seems.

I have not read this one yet but your remarks intrigue me to give it a try.

An awful book. Every Langdon book gets worse and worse, recycling the same old cliches--old professor meets with younger protege gets chased by radical Christian extremists, and all sorts of trash-science mixed in. And this one was a shaggy dog story with no real point since the main "evil event" was never stopped.

An awful book. Every Langdon book gets worse and worse, recycling the same old cliches--old professor meets with younger protege gets chased by radical Christian extremists, and all sorts of trash-science mixed in. And this one was a shaggy dog story with no real point since the main "evil event" was never stopped.

Well, I'm glad to see nothing has changed on the Dan Brown front.
So I haven't missed anything.
And needn't say more.

Back