• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

David Baldacci

I have read all of his earlier books: Absolute Power, Total Control, Saving Faith, The Winner, etc. Having said this, I don't read any of his new stuff because I just don't find it as good as his earlier books. Absolute Power is one of the best books I have ever read, and I usually don't go for that whole unbelievable thing when I choose something to read, so that is saying a lot about this book.

I really enjoyed Absolute Power, it was a great book of his. I enjoyed the whole thriller-conspiracy theory story line. I just finished Saving Faith and have to say that it was an o.k. book compared to the previous one of his that I've read. At times, the dialogue seemed really over baked. You know the part-antagonist calls the couple on the run and makes a veiled threat, the male member of the couple then gets irate and insults him back....yada....yada.....yada. The fight scenes were pretty good, but the technological description of the weapons was the strength of this book.

Just wrapped up Divine Justice last week. I really enjoyed it and others I have talked to felt it was one of his better works.

I'm in the middle of The Collectors right now. I don't believe it is his best, but I am really enjoying how he is wrapping three bad events into one complicated web of intrigue and death.:cool: Anyone else read this one? I hope to get through most of it this weekend, but I doubt I will, life you know.

I've read Camel Club, The Collectors, Hour Game, Saving Faith, Simple Genius, The Simple Truth, The Winner.

I like Balducci ... light, easy reading and keeps the suspense going until the end.

He is one of my favorite author and there are a few that I haven't read from it which is Wish You Well, Christmas Train and Last Man Standing. I've read the rest and have to say that The Winner was my favorite. Camel Club, Simple Truth and Stone Cold are also good.

I read Simple Genius a couple of years ago. It was a pretty good read. This was the only Baldacci book I have read.

I like reading Baldacci's thrillers. They are always a fun, exciting read, especially the Camel Club books.

Just finished The Whole Truth last night. It's been awhile since I've picked up his books. Any other fans out there?:popcorn:

I'm moving on to Hell's Corner next, looks very promising. Hopefully I'll get a good portion of it done tomorrow. It's been over a year since I have read anything by him.

Just finished Hell's Corner. I have to agree, it is definitely one of his better work. The double and triple crossing behavior of all parties involved really prevented me from predicting what would happen next, as well as who really was the "bad guy" from the start. :shifty: I really enjoyed the book and it was definitely a good page turner.

Up next?, Hour Game.

Have read many of Baldacci's, from "True Blue" to "Zero Day". Always enjoyed him. Just read one of his newest, however, "The Forgotten" and didn't enjoy it nearly as much. It was almost as if it was rushed and not well edited. In at least a half-dozen places, he would make the same exact comments as he had made a couple chapters before. Dissappointed....

Just gone done with Hour Game. A good book not only has one madman on the loose, but an even better one has two. The story got dreadfully after the midway point. Still not the best read of his, I'd rank it as average, but throwing in a second killer was a nice twist. The Battle family was really something else, good material to throw the reader off a time or two with.

I have read all the "Camel Club" books and a few of his others, although to be honest, I can't remember specific titles. Good light read, nothing too involved. Mostly enjoyable.

I have read all the "Camel Club" books and a few of his others, although to be honest, I can't remember specific titles. Good light read, nothing too involved. Mostly enjoyable.

I agree entirely. If there is a definition of a "good read," David Baldacci and Robert B. Parker foot the bill. You can breeze through a hundred pages or so on a whim. With Dostoyevsky or Dickens, you are lucky to hit 40 pages in an hour, due to the denseness and depth of thought required. After awhile, the titles and stories all blend together.

I agree entirely. If there is a definition of a "good read," David Baldacci and Robert B. Parker foot the bill. You can breeze through a hundred pages or so on a whim. With Dostoyevsky or Dickens, you are lucky to hit 40 pages in an hour, due to the denseness and depth of thought required. After awhile, the titles and stories all blend together.

Although I didn't breeze through the books that fast and I'm not sure I will reread them as much as I reread Robert B. Parker (I zipped through most of the Spencer novels a few months or so back) they were thoroughly enjoyable with an interesting take on the conspiracy theorist type person.

Has anyone here read 'David Baldacci' ?
Just want to know what other thinks about him before getting his book.

I read "Last Man Standing". After a mildly slow start, I was hooked. Although I am not interested in reading it again, it was entertaining at the time.

Back