• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

David Baldacci

Worm

Has anyone here read 'David Baldacci' ?
Just want to know what other thinks about him before getting his book.

Hi Worm. I've read his stuff. It's good for a fast, light read. They class them thrillers but I don't really think they belong totally in that genre. Let me know what you think.

I read The Christmas Train, which I understand is a departure from his usual style. I loved it, and whole-heartedly recommend it.

I enjoyed the Christmas Train. Another of his that I recommend is "Wish You WellL. Check out the story line on Amazon. It was an enjoyable book set in rural southwest Virginia.

Just finished reading Split Second. I recommend it as well. Baldacci's on his way to becoming one of my favourite authors. :)

Yah, could only read page 1-50 of all his works. I wonder how he ever got any of them published. And the funny thing is that he's also one of the Ny Best Selling author. If you think I'm jerking you around, try any of his books.

I read Absolute Power and liked it. Then I tried reading one of his other books (may have been Total Control) and couldn't get past the first few pages. Since then I haven't had an overwhelming desire to sample one of his other books.

I just finished the Camel Club. Fast paced and easy to read is about right. It's not Dickens, but it is a nice change from the non fiction I usually read. Reminds me a bit of Robert Ludlum and Jeffery Archer.
Not as good as the former, but better than the latter.

Since my last effort with this author I have been giving him a bit of a nudge, having finished The Collectors, which is a sort of sequel to the Camel Club, Absolute Power and most of Total Control, so far.

Absolute Power is far and away the best I have read. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. While the others I have read are quite good, the first one, Absolute Power, is almost like he put all his effort into it, and then sort of ran out steam a little with later novels.

Total Control is good like the others I have read. But they are nothing on his first novel.

I've read The Camel Club, The Collectors, and Stone Cold. These are the first three books of the "Camel Club Series" - with a fourth promised for sometime in the relatively near future. I enjoyed these very much - good action/light thriller with some really funny, laugh-out-loud scenes sprinkled in. I just loved the characters.

I also read The Simple Truth - this is more of a crime/legal drama with a touch of action. A decent enough read that I would neither dissuade you from reading nor emphatically recommend.

If you haven't read any Baldacci, start with the Camel Club and then the Collectors and decide if you like his style.

I read Simple Genius. I thought it was OK. Like his others, it was an easy read that didn't take too much thinking.

I have read (and enjoyed) The Christmas Train and Collectors. I like a Light read now and then.

Total Control is boring, but try others like The Winner & The Hour Game. They're really some great read!

I've read Absolute Power, Saving Faith, and The Simple Truth. Actually I listened to the first two of those on tape while working as a delivery driver. "Light, fast and entertaining" is a good description. I enjoyed all of them, although I haven't gone out of my way to read more of Baldacci's work since then.

J

Back